HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: HeroEngine will not start after install  (Read 3361 times)

Zanderos

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
HeroEngine will not start after install
« on: May 17, 15, 09:36:05 AM »

I am getting about the same error as someone else was back in August, but I get no fix by just running it as admin.

Application Error:
Code: [Select]
Faulting application name: HeroBlade.exe, version: 2.6.0.25406, time stamp: 0x5536597c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504ade
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00014598
Faulting process id: 0x1aa8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d090538d0c984d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HeroEngine\HEROBLADEHC021\HeroBlade.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: cac5680a-fc46-11e4-8257-b8975a5b2089
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

.NET Runtime Error
Application: HeroBlade.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException
Stack:
   at HeroBlade.Heroic.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetHeroBladeDeployVersion()
   at HeroBlade.HeroBladeForm.OkayToRun(System.String)
   at HeroBlade.HeroBladeForm.Main()

To answer all of the normal questions..

I do not even have an antivirus installed, this is a new windows installation.
UAC is default, however I did try it with it completely off.
Yes I rebooted between trying to uninstall and reinstall and about 50 other times when trying other fixes and reinstalling.
I was using amd's beta graphics drivers at first, completely uninstalling and going back to the normal ones did not fix it.
It works on my laptop, so I went through and took a screenshot of which versions of VC++ Redistributable were installed and I actually have more on the desktop here.
Yes, .NET framework is installed, all versions.
This is Windows 8.1 Pro, fully updated.
I have tried the fix from the other post with a similar error, trying either exe in compatibility mode and/or admin does not change anything.
No, I do not get an error popup to submit to you guys, nor do I get a Windows error reporting message, however if I look in the new place for the error reporting in Windows it does seem to be reporting it on it's own.
On occasion I do see the launcher window that checks for an update but only for a split second, then it disappears and nothing else happens.

HE-Herb, do you have any other suggestions I could try?  I am out of options here, and would really like to use the engine where my video card is better.

PC specs are: (without most of the irrelevant info)
OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name REVOLUTION
System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group
System Model TA970
System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.4, 1/14/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 20.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 20.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 15.4 GB
Total Virtual Memory 23.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory 17.6 GB
Page File Space 3.38 GB

Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version 14.501.1003.0
INF File oem2.inf (ati2mtag_Evergreen section)
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6413, 575.50 KB (589,312 bytes), 11/20/2014 8:08 PM)

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
Re: HeroEngine will not start after install
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 15, 12:35:40 PM »

We'll investigate and follow-up

Cheers

herb marselas
graphics guy

HE-SCOTT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 15, 02:14:32 PM »

Can you please attach your install log in an email, instructions for how to find it are below, and send it to support@heroengine.com. This will help us better understand why you are getting the error. If you have any questions on how to find it please let us know.

The install log for 8.1 should be at c:\users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\ and be named HeroBladeHC022.log . I believe you were installing the C022 HeroBlade if it was a different cluster's HeroBlade the last 2 numbers will match up for the cluster in question instead.

Zanderos

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 15, 02:35:05 PM »

Thanks guys, got it sent out.  The stuff I am working on is actually on HC021, just so happened that I was trying a different server to see if there was an issue with the one I was trying to get into.  I'll send both since they are a little different file size.  I happened to still be in a project that was on HC022 so I was trying everything to see if I could narrow down the problem.  Installs said they went fine, I actually even looked through some of those logs last night and it said it went fine at the end of the logs and in the Event Viewer.

Thanks in advance guys.

Brian

julesbro

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: HeroEngine will not start after install [Resolved]
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 15, 07:41:22 AM »

Hello,

I'm having the same issue.  I found this in the windows event viewer
Application: HeroBlade.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException Stack: at HeroBlade.Heroic.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetHeroBladeDeployVersion() at HeroBlade.HeroBladeForm.OkayToRun(System.String) at HeroBlade.HeroBladeForm.Main()

This also applies to my situation:
No, I do not get an error popup to submit to you guys, nor do I get a Windows error reporting message, however if I look in the new place for the error reporting in Windows it does seem to be reporting it on it's own.
On occasion I do see the launcher window that checks for an update but only for a split second, then it disappears and nothing else happens.

I tried running it as admin but it didn't seem to make any difference.  Any idea what may be causing this?  It's a fresh install on this computer.

Update:
This turned out to be an issue with DirectX - grabbing the latest version fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: May 29, 15, 11:25:54 AM by julesbro »

ConvertibleTurtle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 15, 04:24:49 PM »

Had the same issue on my AlienWare Alpha (Win 8.1) that I recently acquired, fixed by downloading the DX9 environment package from Microsoft, fixed it for me. Not sure if that will help your issue, but worth a try?