HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Blight MMO  (Read 12397 times)

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
Re: Blight MMO
« Reply #15 on: Sep 27, 15, 06:23:02 AM »

So is blight going to be a full sandbox environmentally modifiable MMO like Rust and H1Z1 (they are post apoc setting) So basically you start with nothing but your hands and feet and have to build up the entire world from the ground up. Going from simple twig awnings and a straw mattress all the way up to monolithic sized fully realised player built cities?

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #16 on: Sep 27, 15, 01:49:38 PM »

So is blight going to be a full sandbox environmentally modifiable MMO like Rust and H1Z1 (they are post apoc setting) So basically you start with nothing but your hands and feet and have to build up the entire world from the ground up. Going from simple twig awnings and a straw mattress all the way up to monolithic sized fully realised player built cities?

Kind of. Think more Darkfall with a more custom and dynamic housing. Your character will be dropped into the main city in the middle of the world without any explanation other than there is karma/alignments/agreements/factions/clans that have been formed in order to align with how you want to live your life in the world. The City in the center of the world is the only place controlled by the spirits that can control you, IE: The only Non-PvP area in the entire world.

Ignore the ruleset in the middle of the city, everyone will be able to congregate in the middle city but based on your alliance/faciton/murderer etc you will only be able to leave from certain exits.

Here is our current High Level View:

Green dot in center is main city, red markings are walls/obstructions to prevent players from running directly to other exits. Inside the V shaped areas will be guards that eventually diminish in density by distance from gate. This provides semi grief protection of immediate wall areas.

Outer Green dots are first player cities (not faction cities as marked in the first image, those will be farther out)

Blue dots will be small towns that can be captured for trade route purposes as well as unlocks/resources/etc.

Areas will be built so that housing plots are rather rare, especially ones large enough to fit 4x4 or higher.

There will also be player cities that clans can capture and control as well as siege from each other.

Your house how ever will also be a semi sanctuary as you can control permissions on it.
You will also be able to trade your house (securely), place vendors at your house to sell items for you, and decorate it with items that can't be taken by others.

Housing items, like thatch roofs, will be a House Object Recipe that you learn forever and will cost gold + materials to build. You will be able to buy special House Objects with real money as well as find recipes around the world for common House Objects.

Also you will start with Log House Object Recipes and then really how ever you want to get your walls/floors from there is up to the player. You could buy it all from the store, buy it all with gold in game from other players, or go hunt for the item recipes yourself. House Objects will be one way we monetize the game and hopefully it won't have any effect on PvP.

I am also going to build a system so all housing walls/floors items render as the same low quality model to remove any performance issues people might have. This way you can toggle on Standard Housing to keep frame rates high during sieging etc.

So yes, cutthroat post apocalyptic world where you start from nothing and can conquer your way to the top but not so ruthless as Rust or others in regards to housing.

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 15, 03:46:11 PM by nocake »

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #17 on: Oct 07, 15, 04:33:47 PM »

Can this thread be considered for a move to "show me" now?
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 15, 04:52:36 PM by nocake »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 07, 15, 05:45:42 PM »

*never mind*
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 15, 11:21:50 PM »

Death and Looting System

one with frame rate recording issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDPya67qLX4

another with ok frame rate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBQJgorSwUw

My computer cant handle 2 clients and recording!

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 15, 11:23:40 PM by nocake »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #20 on: Oct 27, 15, 09:11:14 PM »

Great looking game so far, nice progress guys.

Warded

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 27, 15, 09:21:09 PM »

Love the updates. The games almost a dream to me, Ultima Online meets Dark Fall.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #22 on: Oct 28, 15, 10:14:52 AM »

Love the updates. The games almost a dream to me, Ultima Online meets Dark Fall.

This is my dream ;)

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 16, 01:33:22 PM »

Hey Guys,

Just want to give an update.

I have not touched the project in about 3 months. I am awaiting confirmation from IdeaFabric on the future of the build before spending anymore time into it.

This engine is unlike anything else I have seen before, sure it lacks new game engine standards but the tools HE provides you are unmatched in the public sector of game engine creating tools.

The ability to instantly have a world in which other members can join you and develop alongside you without worrying about syncing or build numbers is amazing.

Everyone that has used HE for indie purposes knows the power these kind of features can have in helping a team collaborate.

In celebration of that I am inviting any vetted HE community member an invitation into my world. I have a grandfathered account with 95 slots open.

I am only looking for people who have been part of the HE community for sometime. I have crawled these forums for years and I think there might be some people out there interested in seeing what I built.

Beta level permissions.

Happy Creating!

Also here is a link to our first iteration of a demo video from 2014! 3 years into the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rcd7e0ckzE
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 16, 01:42:35 PM by nocake »

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jan 31, 16, 03:45:31 PM »

Nice to hear from you. I think Blight has a good chance of being successful if you stick with it. HE sales are currently back on, and I believe things are moving forward. I never quit working on my project, but that's because I am just working on creating characters, which I could use in other engines if HE did happen to shut down.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 16, 01:49:00 AM by nocake »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #26 on: Feb 03, 16, 09:04:52 AM »

Good to see you back on HE. Looking forward to seeing more update.

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Feb 03, 16, 10:01:53 PM »

Those are looking really good! Great work!

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #28 on: Mar 17, 16, 05:05:01 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBuzFBDJyGs

This video is for a system showcase, it does not showcase game play.

This is a video that showcases the housing system loading 5 rather large houses from a command line execution.

Houses will never be this close together and the terrain will not allow these large of foundations to be placed this frequently.

How many houses an area can serve will depend a lot on that area's distance from the center of the map.

The farther away from the center the more the terrain will allow for larger foundations to be placed.

Usually this process occurs before players are allowed in the area during server start.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 16, 05:14:17 PM by nocake »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #29 on: Mar 18, 16, 12:43:39 PM »

Very nice system you got there. The player side tools will be fun to make :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5