HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Facegen help with the model thanks![Solved]  (Read 3564 times)

PumpkinOnline

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Facegen help with the model thanks![Solved]
« on: Jun 14, 15, 08:01:19 AM »

Hi guys I need some facegen help. So we got our sliders and everything else appears to work ok except when we increase the body mass of the characters, the arms get squished and they become skinny and flat. Any suggestions for what to do with the model to prevent this from happening. We are using skeleton morphing by the way.
Thanks!

[Solved]
Rookie mistake on our end we thought we could model with the arms down but of course that messed with the skeletal morphing. Putting everything in a T-pose solved this thank you.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 15, 09:11:37 AM by PumpkinOnline »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Facegen help with the model thanks!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 15, 10:02:48 AM »

We'll need more information, at least screen shots of the base and morph meshes - the base and morph skeletons would be helpful as well.

PumpkinOnline

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 15, 03:34:30 PM »

We'll need more information, at least screen shots of the base and morph meshes - the base and morph skeletons would be helpful as well.

Ok I hope these are more helpful. The one with the bones is the median mesh

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 15, 04:46:49 PM »

This is the base skeleton.
Currently all skeletal morphs use the same skeleton.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 15, 02:02:12 PM »

Hmmm that's odd.  Unless... if the character's skeleton and all the parts were exported at the T-pose, this shouldn't happen.

However, if the skeleton and parts were exported in the pose shown in your last screenshot, I wouldn't be too surprised be this.  If the arms are down by the side of the character when the morphs are calculated, it would quite likely effect the arms as well.

Was the skeleton exported in the T-pose or with the arms by its sides?

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 15, 03:25:27 PM »

The parts were exported in the same pose as as the base skeleton I posted above.

Not in a t-pose. The base skeleton, and all bare body parts were exported from the maya file that is named "Idle_001_complete" so I assume it was all exported based of the first frame of idle.

I am not the artist, but I am answering on their behalf.

Thanks Bennett

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 15, 03:31:59 PM by Jrome90 »

PumpkinOnline

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 15, 05:53:57 PM »

Also keep in mind our character had a glitch witht he dynamic pose when we did put it in a t-pose.

--> https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,5700.0.html

It appears as though at least for the animation and dynamic parts so long as all the meshes are exported in the same pose as the skeleton there was no problem.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 15, 04:10:08 PM »

Yes, everything does need to be exported in the same pose. In the post you link, the issue wasn't with using the t-pose, it was with only using it sometimes.  There should be no issue with exporting everything in the t-pose.  If you do run into some issue there, I would want to look into it asap.

If for whatever reason you still prefer not to use a t-pose, a y-pose might suit your needs better. This is with the arms about halfway between t-pose and the "arms-at-sides" pose you've shown above.  The issue is that with the arms at the side, the morph mesh is going to overlap with the arms and therefore effect them.