HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quartz E Update  (Read 5546 times)

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Quartz E Update
« Reply #15 on: Jun 12, 15, 10:24:31 PM »

Same errors after install here as well, client only, had no problems with blade update.

if you still have a copy of the prev version it might be possible that its still useable (using .exe rather than .heal temporarily) until its fixed.

*correction*
I uninstalled the client again, but this time deleted directory (except for backup) and redownloaded/installed the client, no errors this time and client loads up okay.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 15, 10:35:04 PM by ToY-Krun »

HE-SCOTT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 13, 15, 08:25:54 AM »

Ok Hero blade seems to load ok although I have not been able to awaken any of my worlds because it takes sooooooo long to connect to the server.  I don't know how long it takes to connect as I have not had the patience to wait it out yet

the player client gives this error after a reinstall on my laptop and a similar error just with a different .dll on a brand new computer with a brand new install post quartz e update.

We have tested the installer for your game and then updating to the latest Player Client version from that. That works for us internally in multiple setup environments. It will help us correct the issuse if you follow up with answers to the questions below at support@heroengine.com.

When you uninstall can you confirm that the installed files are fully removed? How are you performing the installation? Please detail which download you used.  Did you change the install directory to a different directory than the default? Is it possible you have any antivirus software running preventing files being written out or deleting during uninstall?

If you encounter and install that doesn't work please attach the install log in the email as well. This is located at C:\users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\PlayerclientHC022.log under windows 7.

We have tested the deployed Player Client and it works correctly for a fresh install assuming the directory its being installed too does not have files left over from a prior install. We have only seen issues with upgrade installs depending on the prior installed version.

We understand this situation is not acceptable and we are working to correct the issues quickly. The more information we have about how the installs can fail will help us pinpoint what needs to be corrected.

BCI3DLLC

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • FoxySoft
« Reply #17 on: Jun 14, 15, 10:39:28 AM »

OK I don't know what kind of chicken waving voodoo happened during this latest install but its working now.  Actually I think my antivirus was preventing a proper install.  I disabled it on both my computers and both my computers are now running the client.  Thanks for the suggestions in you last post.
Games for Grown Ups
Pages: 1 [2]