HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: someone there has a tutorial that is easier to export animated character models?  (Read 1897 times)

WaldemarLima

• World Owners
    • View Profile

someone there has a tutorial that is easier to export animated character models? I am not able to export according to the tutorial on this wiki ...
and also I want to know how I change the main character to another model!I am not able to export according to the tutorial on this wiki ...
and also I want to know how I change the main character to another model!

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile

Which model to show on screen is done through script. While the current demo character in the base engine can show a few different clothes setting, you would need to add your own model to get it to show in game. I hear there are many parts to this - building the model (to see), animation (for it to move around), Clothes parts (to allow which parts can work with that model), model parts (like diff heads, arms, legs, torsos, wings, tails), and facegen parts (like locations for the face features) are the main ones.

To see how the base models are added, check server side scripts E_characterCreationSystemClassMethods, in method HE_CCSOnSpinUpRegisterCharacterSpecifications(). The model location and name are linked here. In method HE_CCSCreateVisibleCharacterNodeForCharacter() the model is linked to code with association. In script E_characterSelectionSystemClassMethods, in method HE_CSSUseCharacterPrototype() the model is also linked to code by specifying the prototype to use. And in script cmdCCSOutfits, it adds the clothes to the model.

It gets easier eventually, similar to Eve Online. A lot to learn in the beginning.
Lead scripter for EO, Repop helper.
HSL Video tutorials:
https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1719.msg36858.html#msg3685

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile

The export process is relatively straightforward...  Perhaps if you could indicate what is going wrong and when, we can help.

Are you able to export but the character doesn't work in engine?  Can you not get the tools to work at all?  Which tool?
Etc.