HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: InheritParentVisibility  (Read 932 times)

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
InheritParentVisibility
« on: Jul 14, 15, 09:45:15 PM »

We have some torches with particle effects on them in one of our areas, and they play fine in the edit instance.  But even though they were set to have hidden = false in Edit, every time we would start a new play instance from it, they were set as hidden = true.  After some investigation, I found that they had been parented to a model that was set as hidden, so the particle effects are apparently inheriting the parent visibility, this despite the face that inheritParentVisibility is set to false.  Unparenting the effect fixed the issue.

On this HeroWiki page, http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Flare, it says,
InheritParentVisibility
TRUE or FALSE. Determines whether the Flare inherits its visibility from the Parent if one is specified. (As of this release, this may not work.)
(emphasis mine)

That was last updated about 4 years ago, but I am wondering if it is currently the case that InheritParentVisibility does not function, and that visibility is always being inherited.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: InheritParentVisibility
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 15, 01:23:22 PM »

I'm going to assume that inheritParentVisibility does not function...as to be honest, I've never used it once. We'll look at it, and remove the toggle if it's no longer relevant.