HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: hey guy, itrs me again  (Read 1548 times)

ironman91510

• World Owners
    • View Profile
hey guy, itrs me again
« on: Sep 27, 15, 05:13:23 PM »

i  was wondering if its possible to use make particle effects in maya and import them into heroengine, like persay i want a creature model to have a red flame ball in the models chest?

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
Re: hey guy, itrs me again
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 15, 08:20:33 PM »

Yes and no.

What you would do is decide a bone or create a bone in the skeleton then you can attach the particle effect created in the engine to that bone on the character.

If there needs to be a timing aspect such as when the player smacks his chest the red flame needs to grow, you can add animation note tracks / animation notes. That will trigger the particle to emit or not emit.

This is the same common method used in most other engines as well.
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 15, 09:32:55 PM »

I don't think you can directly import particle effects into HE from Maya. I haven't researched it though so I could be wrong

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 15, 08:00:43 PM »

you can't from maya to any other engine really.

At best you can export the vertex volume into unreal, but can't even do the particle. In regards to HE can't take a maya particle and move it in won't work.

But.. there are ways to take a HE particle system and apply it to a character at specific locations, and have it fire against frames of animations. So could have dust come up as a person runs etc.

[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]