HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [resolved] Strange replication problem. Did I miss something?  (Read 5216 times)

GlorianLanTarini

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Strange replication problem. Did I miss something?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 16, 10:09:08 PM »

This node isn't an "instance" type by chance is it?
I see that the class refers to a destructible object.  As instances are replicated by default, attempting to replicate them again also causes errors.  Just curious.

I mentioned the process:
I thought it might be related to a specific process, which are affected nodes before replication. But nodes exclusion from the process does not affect the error in any way.
This process was associated with the instance creation on the client. And I guessed that this might be the cause of the error and excluded these nodes from the process. But, the error still here. Although instances now just don't exist.

Maybe I should describe (give code) the whole chain of events? From the initial call to error.

GlorianLanTarini

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Strange replication problem. Did I miss something?
« Reply #16 on: Jun 28, 16, 11:51:27 PM »

Sometimes you need to be extremely careful. And do not think that everything happens as you want.

I had a very thorough analysis and finally found the cause of the error.

The reason of main problem was that I used the lookup list for choosing nodes to add to the group. And just after checking through the CLI absolutely all involved nodes and lists, I found out that indexers is added to the group, not the node it points to.

And with callbacks turned out all stupid. :-[
For some unknown even to me reason, I decided  to use HE_ version of the callback methods. Despite the fact that the nodes do not have parent class with a simple version. So, it's just never called.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 16, 11:53:14 PM by GlorianLanTarini »

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: [resolved] Strange replication problem. Did I miss something?
« Reply #17 on: Jun 29, 16, 12:20:13 PM »

most problems turn out to be something that simple heh.  Don't feel bad.
Pages: 1 [2]