HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Silly question.. forgive my noobness  (Read 3262 times)

RedFerret12

• General Accounts
  • I'm a beginner.. at hero engine
    • View Profile
Silly question.. forgive my noobness
« on: Sep 20, 16, 12:41:36 PM »

I'm deeply in love with hero engine and I hope to begin creation of a great MMORPG , but i was wondering, if there is a way to make a mmorpg with voxel based characters in it?  not the world mind you, just the voxel characters,

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Silly question.. forgive my noobness
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 16, 01:02:26 PM »

Hello and welcome to the Hero Community.
    In regards to your question, Introducing a true voxel system would take hefty scripting but voxel style is easily achieved with stylized modelling. The resources needed for a true voxel system for characters would be over taxing for any MMO at this time.
    However, as stated above creating and utilized voxel style characters are simple. You can use simple (static) or dynamic character system to achieve the different goals you would have in mind for your character system(s).

If you could give more information on what your goal is, I am sure that we (the community as a whole, could help guide you through what would be needed.

:)
Sarrene'

RedFerret12

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 16, 02:46:08 PM »

I have quibicle and i wanted to make a sort of unheard of mmorpg, you see, sort of like a voxel character meets a real world kind of thing, with qubicle , you can make your own voxel character and , i might do what you just said, i'll probably use them as player made customs (meaning you can  "earn" more "forms" , like a anthro fox, a bunny, whatever you defeat in the game you'll learn a voxel form of it.) well thank you for the information.

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 16, 04:58:54 PM »

By voxel characters, do you mean ones that are able to be broken down into smaller bits, like Minecraft terrain? Or do you just mean a blockier lower poly art style?
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

RedFerret12

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 16, 06:37:54 PM »

Sort of blocky characters made out of cubes, below is a test character i am working on, sort of like cube world  where the characters where made out of cubes and voxels, and when you died or, as i call it "Derezzed" you collapsed into a pile of voxels.

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 16, 08:50:55 PM »

That should be doable in the engine, although it'll probably involve a bit more work than a more conventional single part character model.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

RedFerret12

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 16, 09:19:51 PM »

well i am sure i can make it happen or ask for help if anyone is interested. thank you for the information and your sage advice

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 16, 10:18:20 AM »

What you should be looking into is called "Parts" on this page: http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Creating_Dynamic_Characters_Tutorial