HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Opening the "GUI editor" tab crashes HE Client  (Read 3736 times)

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
Opening the "GUI editor" tab crashes HE Client
« on: Sep 22, 16, 09:38:14 PM »

I have tried this on other machines, reinstalled, everything.

Please log into my world and see if you can load the GUI Editor Tab.

When HE crashes it does not prompt me with a report window.

I would assume this is something I need to fix in one of my files or clear something out in another file that is causing this to fail but I have 0 insight into why it is happening.

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Opening the "GUI editor" tab crashes HE Client
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 16, 09:05:30 PM »

I have tried to log in to your world, but it never even gets to the splash screen.
This is what the console shows:
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:Windows version: 6
18:59:54: SYSTEM:system:Game Scale set to: 10.00
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:Initializing HeroBlade DLL
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:SelectionManager::Startup()
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:GUIControl::SetupScreen()
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:Audio plugin [FMOD] initialized successfully
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:Audio plugin [FMOD Studio] initialized successfully
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:DebugVisualizer Setup
18:59:54: System:HeroEngine Client DLL told version is: 2.6.7.33263
18:59:55: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize   Service_Directory_Client   1474682394623   8
19:00:18: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize   Service_Directory_Client   1474682397888   8
19:01:16: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize   Service_Directory_Client   1474682475510   8
19:01:18: BillingChannelCallback:Message:

And I let it sit there for over an hour, but nothing changed.

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 16, 10:18:28 AM »

Ok, so I let it sit there overnight and it may have just been downloading assets. I just managed to get into the world, and I crashed when I opened the GUI Editor tab. This at least confirms it's not just you. :)

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 16, 02:27:42 PM »

I would investigate the timestamps on changes to xml scripts via the Script Editor.  Look at changes since this problem began and maybe you'll gain some insight.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 16, 03:21:32 PM »

I would investigate the timestamps on changes to xml scripts via the Script Editor.  Look at changes since this problem began and maybe you'll gain some insight.

I spent some time doing this when the problem existed.

I spent some more time last night looking but no luck.

The frustration really is that the HeroEngine error catcher doesnt even catch this.

HE just instantly crashes so I have no insight into watch script or why this might be happening.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 16, 03:32:17 PM »

Just a head up, even creating a new GUI through HEScript crashes HE in the same fashion, no error catching.

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 16, 04:32:28 PM »

Just a heads up:

If the blade crashes with the GUI Editor open, it will STILL be open when you restart...
look up at the top and see if the GUI editors tool bar is there, if so, click on the close button.

If its open like this, and you try to open it again, it WILL crash.

Also, closing the blade with the gui editor open will usually have the same result.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 16, 04:59:53 PM »

This has nothing to do with the GUI editor that opens once you select a GUI you wish to edit, this is only the GUI Editor list tab.

Selecting HeroScript->Gui Editor will close and open the tab I am talking about. In this case when I open that tab my HE crashed.

Amarak has access to my world, downloaded a fresh install and clicked to open the GUI editor tab and his Client crashed as well.

I assume this is something to do with the GUI i edited but I have no insight into what it could be and I have tried reverting the files I thought were changed around the time this error occurred.

Apparently you have logged into my world as well, can you load a clean area and open the GUI Editor Tab?

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 16, 05:01:54 PM »

I was monitoring via shared screen , i don't have personal access to it.

If you want to add me I can take a look.  toy.krun@gmail.com

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 16, 06:06:29 PM »

added.

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 16, 06:18:29 PM »

gotcha, as soon as its finished downloading ill take a look.

I'll let you know.

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 16, 06:56:52 PM »

I can't make any changes to test any of it, but here is the log from the crash:

Code: [Select]
SYSTEM:System:Finished processing GUIXML directory list.
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"ECharacterWindow" on controlType "ECharacterAbilityListWindow".
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: ECharacterAbilityListWindow
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"ECharacterWindow" on controlType "ECharacterSkillListWindow".
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: ECharacterSkillListWindow
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"scrollable_clientarea" on controlType "GUIFlowLayout".
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: GUIFlowLayout
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"detailedItemContainer" on controlType "shopIconContainer".
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: shopBuyBackItemContainer
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"detailedItemContainer" on controlType "shopIconContainer".
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: shopBuyItemContainer
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: shopIconContainer
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"sleekOptionButton" on controlType "shopIdentifyButton".
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: shopIdentifyButton
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"sleekOptionButton" on controlType "shopRepairAllButton".
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: shopRepairAllButton
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"sleekOptionButton" on controlType "shopRepairButton".
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: shopRepairButton
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: shopSellItemContainer
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"sleekOptionButton" on controlType "shopUnlockButton".
ERROR:System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: shopUnlockButton

Just an observation, as I've only seen this error a few times, and it didnt cause a crash, though it was usually a single control issue:

Check to make sure the classes that these controls are/were based on still exist.
You also might check your repo and see what recent changes were made to them,
OR
Check for any changes in their xml's.

Its a start at least.

Let me know if that doesnt turn up anything.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 16, 07:11:47 PM »

I will look into those errors when I can, thanks for that.

I have also upgraded your account so you can alter the files.

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 16, 06:25:56 AM »

Okay I will take another look when I can, possibly later today , i have a pretty full plate this morning.

don't fret it though, as frustrating as these things can be, it's fixable.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #14 on: Nov 03, 16, 02:50:49 PM »

no fret just no solution after spending a few sessions into figuring it out.

At this time I am unable to solve it. I have tried everything I can think of!

Any additional insight would be nice or maybe a way to command line invoke the GUI editor for a specific GUI element since I am unable to access that window to edit the GUI's through the GUI Editor Tab.
Pages: [1] 2