HeroEngine Support > GUI Creation

Opening the "GUI editor" tab crashes HE Client

(1/4) > >>

nocake:
I have tried this on other machines, reinstalled, everything.

Please log into my world and see if you can load the GUI Editor Tab.

When HE crashes it does not prompt me with a report window.

I would assume this is something I need to fix in one of my files or clear something out in another file that is causing this to fail but I have 0 insight into why it is happening.

Amarak:
I have tried to log in to your world, but it never even gets to the splash screen.
This is what the console shows:
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:Windows version: 6
18:59:54: SYSTEM:system:Game Scale set to: 10.00
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:Initializing HeroBlade DLL
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:SelectionManager::Startup()
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:GUIControl::SetupScreen()
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:Audio plugin [FMOD] initialized successfully
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:Audio plugin [FMOD Studio] initialized successfully
18:59:54: SYSTEM:System:DebugVisualizer Setup
18:59:54: System:HeroEngine Client DLL told version is: 2.6.7.33263
18:59:55: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize   Service_Directory_Client   1474682394623   8
19:00:18: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize   Service_Directory_Client   1474682397888   8
19:01:16: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize   Service_Directory_Client   1474682475510   8
19:01:18: BillingChannelCallback:Message:

And I let it sit there for over an hour, but nothing changed.

Amarak:
Ok, so I let it sit there overnight and it may have just been downloading assets. I just managed to get into the world, and I crashed when I opened the GUI Editor tab. This at least confirms it's not just you. :)

FI-ScottZ:
I would investigate the timestamps on changes to xml scripts via the Script Editor.  Look at changes since this problem began and maybe you'll gain some insight.

nocake:

--- Quote from: FI-ScottZ on Sep 24, 16, 02:27:42 PM ---I would investigate the timestamps on changes to xml scripts via the Script Editor.  Look at changes since this problem began and maybe you'll gain some insight.

--- End quote ---

I spent some time doing this when the problem existed.

I spent some more time last night looking but no luck.

The frustration really is that the HeroEngine error catcher doesnt even catch this.

HE just instantly crashes so I have no insight into watch script or why this might be happening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version