HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Online Course?  (Read 1753 times)

BigDogGameStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Online Course?
« on: Nov 03, 16, 12:35:56 PM »

Has any of the Hero Engine Developers thought of doing some Udemy courses about Hero Engine? Say for instance on about Hero Script and the basics of coding in the engine. Maybe one on the different parts of the engine itself. Or, you could do one complete course that encompasses all of it. I bring this up for 2 reasons. The first is, it is hard to find out where to start with Hero Script. I have watched the videos... and combed through the wiki slowly and I am still learning. For some reason, the way it is laid out makes it a bit difficult.

The other reason is, Udemy advertises courses and it may gain even more attention. I have been through many of the courses on there. My 2 favorites would have to be The Complete Unity Developer (Which has over 105,000 students which have paid for the course) and The Complete Blender Creator (Which has almost 30,000 students and is the newest of the 2 courses).

The moment you started launching courses on there, I'd sign up in a heartbeat, no matter the cost. I absolutely love Hero Engine, and there will be a game of mine eventually launched on here. I would just love a bit more instruction from the actual developers. That would make me feel much more confident about what I am doing.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
Re: Online Course?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 16, 04:42:03 PM »

A great way of learning to work within the engine is looking in the developer created tutorials section on the forums here.

There are a plethora of full system creation tutorials to follow ranging from the very basic of GUI creation and manipulation all the way up to full blown game systems that you can alter and tailor to your own needs along the way.

This is how we get our new coders into the engine.

There is also the HE official skype group that you can join and chat with the group there for live technical support of almost any nature.

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: Online Course?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 16, 06:05:37 PM »

I'd also suggest joining the official HE Skype group, where you can get some basic general help - https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,6178.0.html
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios