HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Granny3d  (Read 1041 times)

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
Granny3d
« on: Apr 05, 17, 08:31:44 AM »

What is the integration of "Granny3D"? In the past I played (long time ago) UO Third Age. It had .grn models in the game install folder. There was a third party "Granny Viewer" to look at them. Granny3D is from Radgametools. Is the part licensed already part of the engine?

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Granny3d
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 17, 12:25:46 PM »

Yes it is! Granny 3d is what makes your models "go". Our format is called and seen as HGM. It is included in your license and you do have the Granny Viewer as well to view your models and the details of them.

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 17, 02:02:22 PM »

If I did get Granny 3D seperately from Radgame Tools, would they run on Hero Engine? Like I think the new format is .gr2. But I could be wrong.

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 17, 03:19:52 PM »

Hello Mor,
I am sorry it would not for two primary reasons.

The first is that these are different versions, we will be focused on upgrading to the new granny tools and features once d3d11 is finished (testing, bug fixing, etc).

The second and most important reason is because of license agreement: Any company that redistributes access (in whole or part) must have to have a proprietary format.  Though .gr2 is their default extention format, it is not new. This is why we went from .gr2 format to .hgm several years ago.

I hope that helps explain a few things.
:)