HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HeroEngine Launcher Doesn't Install on Win 10  (Read 4332 times)

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
HeroEngine Launcher Doesn't Install on Win 10
« on: Nov 26, 16, 05:53:51 PM »

Hey guys,
I recently had to format and reinstall Windows 10 and for some reason I am unable to run the HeroEngine Launcher properly.
What I get is the attached image and I can't seem to run the Blade afterwards.
I tried installing DirectX 9.0c runtime and that didn't seem to help (DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer).

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks !

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
Re: HeroEngine Launcher Doesn't Install on Win 10
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 16, 08:04:02 AM »

Had you previously been able to install and run HE on your machine?

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 16, 08:11:12 AM »

I think they are looking at this from what i see in the skype group chat hehe and good to see you back gaarzen. You guys resuming work on Ominous?

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 16, 08:22:38 AM »

Hello gaarzen,
    Aye, we are looking into this. Sorry for the slow response, Hopefully we can find something for you real soon.

Sarrene'

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 16, 09:20:46 AM »

it sounds like you're missing something...

Lets break it down a bit, do you already have the heroengine blade and launcher installed ?
You said you had formatted....  and so I'm a bit confused heh, have you downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the launcher and the blade?

if you did format then you'll need to reinstall the autolauncher, the blade etc, the autolauncher first.
Before you install the autolauncher you should install and update java, .net4.0, directx runtimes and distribs.

HE-CHRISTOPHER

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 16, 11:42:05 AM »

Hello Gaarzen,

Would you please run a DXDiag (http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Dxdiag) and send the output to support@heroengine.com?  I've attempted to reproduce your issue as described and have (as yet) not been able to duplicate it, which makes things tricky.

As a separate step, please try to run the launcher installation file as administrator (right-click the .exe and select Run as Administrator).

You might try some of the troubleshooting recommendations for the Microsoft installer from Microsoft's site (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2438651).  Please note, while the documentation is for older versions of Windows it appears to still be appropriate for windows 10.

Christopher
Christopher Larsen
CTO
HeroEngine

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 16, 01:15:37 AM »

Had you previously been able to install and run HE on your machine?

Hey Prometheus ! I had it working on Windows 7 before, yes.

I think they are looking at this from what i see in the skype group chat hehe and good to see you back gaarzen. You guys resuming work on Ominous?

It's currently on a halt considering we moved to Vancouver but we can't wait to get back to it :)

Hello gaarzen,
    Aye, we are looking into this. Sorry for the slow response, Hopefully we can find something for you real soon.

Sarrene'

Thanks, Sarrene !!

it sounds like you're missing something...

Lets break it down a bit, do you already have the heroengine blade and launcher installed ?
You said you had formatted....  and so I'm a bit confused heh, have you downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the launcher and the blade?

if you did format then you'll need to reinstall the autolauncher, the blade etc, the autolauncher first.
Before you install the autolauncher you should install and update java, .net4.0, directx runtimes and distribs.

Hi, ToY ! This error occurs during the initialization of the Hero Engine Launcher so nothing is actually installed yet I'm afraid.

Hello Gaarzen,

Would you please run a DXDiag (http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Dxdiag) and send the output to support@heroengine.com?  I've attempted to reproduce your issue as described and have (as yet) not been able to duplicate it, which makes things tricky.

As a separate step, please try to run the launcher installation file as administrator (right-click the .exe and select Run as Administrator).

You might try some of the troubleshooting recommendations for the Microsoft installer from Microsoft's site (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2438651).  Please note, while the documentation is for older versions of Windows it appears to still be appropriate for windows 10.

Christopher

Hi Christopher !
I have sent an E-Mail to support with my dxdiag output file as you suggested.

I have tried running the file as an admin but unfortunately the problem is the same.

I tried different solutions from the Microsoft support page but couldn't find a solution to my problem.

Thanks for all the help !

McIndus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 17, 10:03:15 AM »

You might want to try the dev link for dx9 runtimes... the web installer doesn't include everything.  (It states that it's missing certain key components in the description.)  This is what enables dx9 games that need d3d9.dll, etc. - check out this link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

I think you can also look through your optional windows updates for the files as well... not quite sure why windows makes this a pain in the arse.

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 17, 02:10:30 AM »

You might want to try the dev link for dx9 runtimes... the web installer doesn't include everything.  (It states that it's missing certain key components in the description.)  This is what enables dx9 games that need d3d9.dll, etc. - check out this link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

I think you can also look through your optional windows updates for the files as well... not quite sure why windows makes this a pain in the arse.

Hi McIndus, thanks for trying to help !
Unfortunately I get an error trying to install this..

HE-JONATHAN

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 17, 09:42:59 AM »

I took a look at the DXDiag and sent you a better link for the DirectX9.0C in your email.  if you have any other issues let me know.

McIndus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 17, 04:19:57 PM »

Hi McIndus, thanks for trying to help !
Unfortunately I get an error trying to install this..

Make sure you run it as admin.  Whatever you install for DX9, make sure you run as admin.

I hope the link Jonathan sent you worked out for you, but in case it didn't, you can look in your Windows Update and search for any relevant DX9 updates.  I believe you may be missing D3D9.dll and other components that the web installer doesn't include for devs - but I do know that these exist as "optional installs" in your Windows Update.

Let us know if this helps!

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 17, 02:00:26 PM »

It won't run on my PC. Windows 32bit install. What was the place to get the Direct X 9 install? I found one but it said I had the wrong version of windows.

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 17, 03:26:28 PM »

What OS are you running Mor?

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
« Reply #13 on: Apr 13, 17, 06:27:56 PM »

Windows 10 Home.

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: Apr 13, 17, 06:30:33 PM »

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010):

A DirectX redistributable installs as part of the install process.
However, this sometimes does not work correctly do to some local configurations or virus scanners issues.
Turn your virus scanner off, install this redistributable DirectX from Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109
then reboot and turn the virus scanner back on.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.
Pages: [1] 2