HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Hero Shader not working  (Read 1898 times)

WoE-Anthony

• Developer
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Hero Shader not working
« on: Aug 11, 11, 02:18:07 AM »

Hi guys,

Im new to all this so please be gentle (Im a Surveyor by trade LOL). Ok I have applied a Hero Shader to my model (cube) for testing...I have exported it and put it in the repo...have made my folders identical in HE and my source drive. I have deleted old models and cleared those without instance. Now when I import the model it has the default HE shader....now I have read through some of the threads here and checklisted my work..which APPEARS to be ok. One thread suggested to use scene analysis which I did and my .dds comes up with a 0 x 0 in the properties...so I assume this is why it isnt coming through...any ideas? I have been through the forum too and everything I have done seems to be right...unless I am missing a step. I used Granny to view it..and its all there...in the texture analysis in granny however it did state that my texture is a material but the Hero Shader wasnt..if that helps.

Cheers bullet
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 11, 07:05:39 PM by HE-Cooper »
We are coming at ya!

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
Re: Hero Shader not working
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 11, 06:42:57 PM »

We have been struggling with this for awhile. Is anyone here able to offer any advice?

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 11, 07:04:30 PM »

Are there any errors in your console window or error window?

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy

WoE-Anthony

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 11, 07:17:36 PM »

Hi Herb,

no errors seem to be reported. The only thing that appeared out of sorts was when I went in an had a look at the texture properties which showed a 0x0 instead of 512 x 512. I have deleted all my models etc and will try to reset everything today and see if that makes a difference. Models were coming in fine...just textures...I had a chat with a comrade last night and there could still be something wrong with my mirrored paths...though I did check this. Everything appeared fine in the Granny veiwer...which has me stumped. I will completely strip what I have and redo it all and reply as soon as I can. Thanks Herb

cheers bullet
We are coming at ya!

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 11, 07:20:15 PM »

Usually, the issue is that the model is mapped with the texture sitting in an arbitrary path, then the paths are different when the assets are placed in the repository.

Or, second most likely, the texture is completely alpha'ed out (check by just making it a DXT1 - no alpha).

Or, the non-albedo textures are not set.

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy

WoE-Anthony

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 11, 07:49:20 PM »

Yeh no alpha Herb......I will double check the path 'syndrome' and see if that was an issue. With all my 25 years as a Surveyor using software (ie GPS etc) its always something simple...like radio comms or firmware...or settings. Thanks again mate...will post back as soon as I have a result..

cheers bullet
We are coming at ya!

WoE-Anthony

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 11, 06:18:15 AM »

:-[ :-[ it was the path names Herb...apologies...must have missed something. Thank you

cheers bullet
We are coming at ya!