HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Looking for Updated tutorials on HSL  (Read 1731 times)

zoidBergh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Looking for Updated tutorials on HSL
« on: Jan 11, 17, 12:17:59 AM »

Hello. I just bought a HeroCloud today, and to my disarray, HSL was alot more complex than I originally thought. I am experienced in C++, C#, and Java, but I can't even get HSL's syntax right. If there are any updated tutorials for HSL, please link me to them!

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: Looking for Updated tutorials on HSL
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 17, 01:11:43 AM »

HSL does take some time to learn the basics. I am ok with scripting at 4 years in. To get good will take me longer, while others are doing pretty good with less time in. I learned by changing values, before actually making functions/methods.

Start with some of the basics in the Scripting Tutorial Videos they have.

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 17, 01:13:14 AM »

I assume you have read: http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/HSL_for_programmers  ?

I learned HSL before c++. After learning c++ I can now see how it would be difficult to grasp HSL syntax.

What are you having trouble with?

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 17, 01:15:17 AM by Jrome90 »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 17, 10:24:29 AM »

Welcome to the community.

If you have any problems, you will find that if you explain what you are having trouble with and what you have tried to work through it, you will get some great support on this forum.

Also there is a skype group chat we have all set up and most of the active guys are in there. If you want an invite to the group send me a PM and ill add you to it.

The skype group is a great way to get live and almost instant responses to your issues.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 17, 04:43:52 PM »

You can also look over the other games code that you have access to when logging into HEblade. HJRef has some great systems in it for basic MMO. Most of my systems are copies of theirs and then heavily modified. I learned mostly through that before starting the design my own systems.