HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Can't create characters on new accounts  (Read 2227 times)

Damaged

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Can't create characters on new accounts
« on: Jan 14, 17, 01:55:50 PM »

I recently purchased the license for 5. I was able to make a character and get to work. I created two accounts to login and assist but they can't create a character. When they select new character the box disappears.  There isn't an error listed. In the console I get this message when I use my account

13:49:54: SCRIPT:[_characterSelectionClassMethods]:Got updated names...

On their accounts I get this.

SCRIPT:[_characterSelectionClassMethods]:Got updated names...
13:54:58: SCRIPT:[_GUICSSCharacterSelectionClassMethods]:Got event: CSSERROR02 but I don't know what to do now?
13:54:58: SCRIPT:[_GUICSSCharacterSelectionClassMethods]:Got event: CSSERROR02 but I don't know what to do now?

I haven't done a lot of changes and I haven't edited any of the original scripting. I have only completed the tutorials up to where you add a class and the mouse over events.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
Re: Can't create characters on new accounts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 17, 02:21:33 PM »

In HE there are a couple of windows where you might get some information printed out.

Open these windows:
Console
Chat
Script Errors
Errors

I believe you only copied the console which might not give us the full view.

Damaged

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 17, 04:52:39 PM »

That is correct. I only copied console.

Console
Code: [Select]
16:40:10: SYSTEM:System:Windows version: 6
16:40:11: SYSTEM:system:Game Scale set to: 10.00
16:40:11: SYSTEM:System:Initializing HeroBlade DLL
16:40:11: SYSTEM:System:SelectionManager::Startup()
16:40:11: SYSTEM:System:GUIControl::SetupScreen()
16:40:11: SYSTEM:System:Audio plugin [FMOD] initialized successfully
16:40:11: SYSTEM:System:Audio plugin [FMOD Studio] initialized successfully
16:40:11: SYSTEM:System:DebugVisualizer Setup
16:40:11: System:HeroEngine Client DLL told version is: 2.6.7.33263
16:40:12: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize Service_Directory_Client 1484433611402 8
16:40:14: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize Service_Directory_Client 1484433613223 8
16:40:46: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize Service_Directory_Client 1484433615951 8
16:41:44: SYSTEM:firestorm:BaseApplication::initialize Service_Directory_Client 1484433703533 8
16:41:45: BillingChannelCallback:Message:
16:41:47: SCRIPT:[_InputHandlerClassMethods]:_OnKeyBindingsLoaded: , /heroenginekeybindings.ini
16:41:47: SCRIPT:[_InputHandlerClassMethods]:_OnKeyBindingsLoaded: , /gamekeybindings.ini
16:41:47: Refreshing areaOrganizer.
16:41:53: SYSTEM:System:  Activating Segment: demoland
16:41:54: SYSTEM:System:Reset the synchronized clock.
16:41:54: SYSTEM:System:ActivateAreaSpec 3758002374 assigning ID 1 instance 1
16:41:54: SYSTEM:System:Character Selection (3758002374) activate
16:41:54: SCRIPT:[_characterSelectionClassMethods]:Got updated names...
16:41:54: SCRIPT:[_GUICSSCharacterSelectionClassMethods]:Got event: CSSERROR02 but I don't know what to do now?
16:41:54: SCRIPT:[_GUICSSCharacterSelectionClassMethods]:Got event: CSSERROR02 but I don't know what to do now?

Chat, Script Errors and Errors are blank.

It says You have no Characters in red and when I click Create New the button would just disappear. I logged out and the world went to sleep. I then woke it up and tried again and it worked.

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 17, 02:15:55 AM »

Wierd!

Sounds as though 1 or more accounts may have been "stuck" transferring from one area to another.

If it does this again let us know but also try shutting down the creation and or selection areas.

you can do this via the area organizer, choose and shutdown the edit instance of the creation area first, then the selection area (as shutting down the selection area would affectively kick you).  Then try logging back in.

This can happen at times, and if so, its impossible to say why this time as you've already gotten it going again :)

Usually its due to a fault while the character or account is being transferred, such as between the selection area and the creation area.

Glad its working now!

GlorianLanTarini

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 17, 04:49:06 AM »

It's really strange.

If you look at the source code, the error "CSSERROR02" appears, if the system gets "false" result from the method $CHARACTERSELECTIONSYSTEM._CSSValidateAccountOwnsCharacter (methods ID accountid, characterID as ID) as Boolean
Text of the error: "The specified character is not on your account."

And this method usually called from method $CHARACTERSELECTIONSYSTEM._CSSSelectCharacter(accountID as ID, characterID as ID, listener as NodeRef of Class ObsListener).

So, if you got this error - something try to select character when you enter character selection area. Check your code modifications, to find where it happens.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 17, 08:55:05 AM »

We are getting something very similar to this. On several of our accounts we are not able to make or delete characters.

But on other accounts we dont have this problem. I wonder if it is the same issue or something to do with accounts.

Damaged

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 17, 09:30:30 AM »

I tried using the master account on the PC with the issue and got the same problem. I went to a good PC and it was the same result. I closed the instance a few times and the program. It didn't resolve till a few hours later after the world went to sleep and I woke it back up.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 17, 09:47:12 PM »

We are getting something very similar to this. On several of our accounts we are not able to make or delete characters.

But on other accounts we dont have this problem. I wonder if it is the same issue or something to do with accounts.

I have something similar this and it happened like a year ago or so.

I thought it was something I had done and I just left it since it didnt affect any new characters and I can still create new ones.

Still might be something I have done but yeah, characters created a while ago are unable to delete or load into the world.

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 17, 11:40:53 PM »

Hi Damaged (and all!),

If this happens again, let us know while its doing it and we will take a look.

If this is indeed a widespread issue then we need to see whats causing it so we can
point out how to prevent it (or fix it if its actually a bug).

Appreciate you mentioning it rather than just going forward once it began working :)

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 17, 07:22:20 PM »

I was seeing this a few times, it was when I tried combining the select and create areas into 1 area - Create. It was creating characters, but not deleting properly. For each character made, but not logged into game, it would give another duplicate line of that error.

I found a solution that cleans up bad or broken characters, while I digging thru code in the search area.

in server side script - E_playerAccountClassMethods

// remove trashed characters
untrusted public function CleanDeadChars()
  account as ID = SYSTEM.REMOTE.client
  $CHARACTERSELECTIONSYSTEM._CSSDestroyInvalidCharacters(account)

in client side script - E_CharacterSelectionWindowClassMethods
   in function Open( ... ) before making your select window

method HE_CSSInvokeGUI( args as LookupList indexed by String of String ) as Boolean
  EnableHeroBladeCompass(false)   // remove HJ compass

call server E_playerAccountClassMethods:CleanDeadChars()  //<-- this line

css as NodeRef of Class GUIControl = E_CharacterSelectionWindowClassMethods:Open( args )
  return true