HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: date / time ?  (Read 1172 times)

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
date / time ?
« on: Apr 07, 17, 01:51:21 AM »

I was working on some scripts and noticed the date / time was set server time, yet when I saved the script it was set local time. This time difference seems to be messing with the way scripts are read in. A section that used to work, no longer works the same way, as I changed a script and changed it back, with a different time on it.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
Re: date / time ?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 17, 01:57:09 AM »

Here, I resaved the top few scripts on the list, and the save time is set from my comp.

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 17, 09:30:54 AM »

Good point. I see in particular the script TMP_TooltipsClassMethods went from 4/07/17 04:17 to 4/07/17 01:53.

The Script Editor is a time machine. ;)
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

HE-CHRISTOPHER

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 17, 05:10:54 PM »

Compile/Submit uses server time because it is submitted to the server as the authoritative copy.

Save File saves a local copy and thus uses local file time as it is not submitted to the server.

I'm not sure what you mean by "A section that used to work", unless you are referencing some HSL code that is checking time.  HSL does not use the script time, rather it uses the coordinated time source shared by the server and that would have nothing to do with the times displayed in a saved HSL file.

In other words, the game does not care what you set your local computer time to be.
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 17, 05:15:30 PM by HE-CHRISTOPHER »
Christopher Larsen
CTO
HeroEngine

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 17, 07:55:03 PM »

Compile/Submit uses server time because it is submitted to the server as the authoritative copy.

It seems to only work that way half the time? As the bottom picture shows they are now local time.

I believe, the setting of time is somehow based on the date value. Where it set the time ahead for Server time, it was using the server date for 4/7 to show, but the client date of 4/6 to set it with that time. I should also mention some of those files in 1st pic were not changed on 4/7. It seems to happen around the midnight value when date is changing over, and the client is different from the server date. Something to take a peek at.