HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Texture Flashing  (Read 777 times)

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Texture Flashing
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 17, 12:38:24 PM »

Also of note, this is for the default specifying of textures.  For regular models (not characters) there is the "_MaterialOverrides" property that will allow you to change the texture of a model at run-time for individual instances.  When you have such a model selected, the properties panel will have a line for "_MaterialOverrides" and a button to press for its dialog. You can change some properties there and it will only be for that instance.

If you wanted to do it dynamically from code, what we do is first create a test instance of the model in some area. Then set its  "_MaterialOverrides" properties how we want which sets that property to a long, complicated string.  We then copy that string and set that as the value to a given instance in client-side code as such:

someHBNodeInstance["_MaterialOverrides"] = complexStringHere

If ["_MaterialOverrides"] is set to an empty string, then it goes back to the default settings as it was exported.

« Last Edit: May 17, 17, 12:41:10 PM by FI-ScottZ »
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

Coryxinyaynix

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 17, 04:41:19 PM »

so i did that went back into maya and changed the directory to get the texture to to new file and it still doesnt seem to work

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 17, 07:21:03 PM »

Hmm. Try creating a instance of the model somewhere, selecting it, then opening the _MaterialOverrides dialog from the Properties Panel. What does that dialog look like, in particular for the Diffuse texture?  If you click that and navigate to the texture file, does that make the texture show up?
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

Coryxinyaynix

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 17, 10:45:56 PM »

ok so it shows up there but when i click on it says its not there, and talks about a different file should i place the texture in the file its looking at ?

Coryxinyaynix

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 17, 10:55:53 PM »

UPDATE That folder does not exist

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 17, 04:49:47 PM »

Hello! Hopefully I can help out here. I see the problem you are having. The textures you have do not match the absolute pathing between your local and the server/Repo.  There are actually a few issues, but lets sort out the texture one first for you to get rid of that bloody flashing for you eh?

ERROR:System:ERROR: Not found (0xFACE000F) loading resource: /c:/users/cory/pictures/herotextures/medieval_brick_wall_sjpg9552.jpg
ERROR:System:ERROR: Not found (0xFACE000F) loading resource: /c:/heroengine/artpipeline/textures/medieval_brick_wall_d.dds

The textures that the tower are looking for are on your c drive, therefor the engine itself cannot find them since it does not have the same pathing. This is also why it is saying that the path/directory does not exist.

Your model is in:
\worldofkingdoms\assets\meshes\blue_tower\blue_castle_tower1.hgm

Therefor it would be good to put your texture for this model in a related directory:
\worldofkingdoms\assets\meshes\blue_tower\textures\medieval_brick_wall_d.dds
-or-
\worldofkingdoms\assets\textures\blue_tower\medieval_brick_wall_d.dds
-or-
anything else similar. (Textures can even be in the same directory as the mesh)

The key thing is to have the assets and textures under the HE\ directories to match 100% HE folder is relative. You can have that anywhere you like on any drive. However anything else inside that must be absolute.

So I would move the texture in a corresponding folder locally inside your HE somewhere, then open the model in max/maya, then select the correct texture in the correct location. Save and re-export. Then upload both the model and the the texture in the same directories to the repo.

Let me know if this works or if you need some more assistance.

Coryxinyaynix

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 17, 10:19:56 AM »

I am pretty sure I have already done that and it still wont load, unless maybe I'm reading that wrong

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 17, 12:54:43 PM »

Just to make sure...what is the directory/folder where the texture is on your hard drive? And was it there when you set up the material in Maya? And what is the Directory/Folder for where it is in the Repository?

Coryxinyaynix

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 17, 04:22:48 PM »

MY PC

C:\HeroEngine\ArtDepot\HE\WorldofKingdoms\Assets\Meshes\Blue_Tower\Textures

REPOSITORY

//HE/WorldofKingdoms/Assets/Blue_Tower/Textures

MAYA

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 17, 04:44:13 PM »

REPOSITORY

//HE/WorldofKingdoms/Assets/Blue_Tower/Textures

According to this, the Repository doesn't have the Meshes folder in there...but your Image up above does show it so you probably just forgot to put it in this post...hmmm...
« Last Edit: May 19, 17, 04:46:37 PM by Amarak »

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 17, 04:49:21 PM »

You didn't forget to upload the texture to the repo did you?
And another thought, is the texture very large? It could just take some time to load up in HE.

This also reminds me of another issue I helped with in the past. no-cake had some problems with texture banks, and it turned out part of it was I had to export the objects from Max instead of Maya, so it might be a problem with the Maya Hero Exporter.
« Last Edit: May 19, 17, 04:56:11 PM by Amarak »

Coryxinyaynix

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 17, 05:09:15 PM »

how would i go about doing that? and I placed the object and waited like 10 min and still nothing

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 17, 10:57:08 PM »

Hello and good evening Cory,
    I sent you a PM. :)

Coryxinyaynix

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 17, 11:01:34 PM »