HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [ANSWERED] About logoff... Houston we have a problem!  (Read 1075 times)

Bardaf01

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[ANSWERED] About logoff... Houston we have a problem!
« on: Jun 06, 17, 12:37:43 PM »

Hello there! ;D

Pfiou... I try to begin to learn the wonderful (but complex) login process in details... About that, I have a problem with the "logoff" process.

When a character is disconnected unexpectedly, and that this same character is reloaded later, it will be reloaded into the good area to its last (known?) position on the map. Am I right?

However, if I disconnect this character via the "logoff" method (which is just a travel), the character will be reloaded into the good area BUT NOT to its last position on the map. Instead of that, it will be reloaded to the "Arrival" Path.

What would be the right ways to correct (or override) this properly, please? :D

Thanks in advance! ;D
Best regards.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 17, 01:36:58 PM by Bardaf01 »

Bardaf01

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: About the log off... Houston we have a problem!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 17, 02:18:30 PM »

My question is too imprecise and is posted in the wrong section, sorry. :-\

I will come back to this one next time. ;)

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: About the log off... Houston we have a problem!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 17, 01:07:05 PM »

Sometimes the character will reload into the default location (0,0,0), this usually happens when the character's new position is not saved.

Bardaf01

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: About logoff... Houston we have a problem!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 17, 01:35:05 PM »

Hello and thank you Thazager! ;D

I think I had succefully correct this but not in the good manner (I implemented code in the way of traveling instead of changing the logout procedure when I clicked a button). I must analyze this more in deph.

I think I have to tell the server to treat the character a little as after he has had a wild disconnect (after all, I only give it a change of zone, not a disconnect). Since the character re-appears in most cases in the right place (except in this case, strangely), I guess my problem occurs during "disconnecting" (which is a lie) the character. By this, I mean that it does not actually undergo a disconnect but rather a simple travel (it's the truth).

It doesn't sound like a bug, but like as rather a lack of information sent to the server. So, of course, the server does not do what I need.

The hole is really small, so I have to check and understand the code in its globality I think. :)

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 17, 01:39:17 PM by Bardaf01 »