HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: la damar de infernale terre branching off from virtual meeting place  (Read 1384 times)

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.

About ten years ago, there were programs called “Rainbow House” and “The Barn” which fell under the category as “Pscyh-Social Rehab” facilities. People were taught skills such as how to cook in the kitchen unit, how to clean in maintenance, and how to do computer & office work in clerical.

Groups were held after lunch were served. It was something to do during the day. We also got together with out supervising staff to come up with goal plans. It helped us plan to improve ourselves. It gave us purpose.

On the other hand such facilities as CareerLInk are a waste. If you have access to a computer to do online web searches, you could access the CareerLink website remotely and make the office irrelevant.
There was no other benefit to this program.

Such services as Office of Rehabilitation (OVR) and Goodwill take a paper trail to get in and they insist upon a case manager or other professional to refer the client and that can take months as the case managers are swamped with clients and they rarely get the paperwork done quickly enough for each client seeking work. So we have to fend for ourselves outside of the programs.

We need to increase the services budgets. Return the programs that did work for us.

Instead of cutting benefits to punish those languishing who WANT to work but do not know what their marketable skills are. And the trend of putting job applications online alienates more than it helps.

Don't companies benefit from tax cuts for hiring the disabled? So why do  they discriminate still????

{Request}
“La Damar de Terre Infernale” {“Destruction of Hellish Earth”) is seeking volunteers: artists & writers for pre-production efforts then later on CGI model makers, and programmers. This is an on-going Hero Engine project for a small MMO/ networked game on PC. Plans are very fluid at this point. Thinking of it being a sandbox/ virtual meeting place / “sim” world. Goal is the introduction of my “new” Intellectual Property to expand into multimedia formats. I have been writing books in this universe for 20 years and cannot go it alone any more. For now we can meet on Skype or on Discord. Contact me using via my handle “morfiction” on skype at first because I forget my Discord alias. Will crowdfund towards eventual release. This is a profit sharing opportunity.

In the future, the not too distant future from now, soldiers are created from test tubes and are not born. They are undistinquisable from actual human beings but since the world population has been so severely decimated that sending real people out to fight has become a prohibitive matter. Each clone is possessed from the transmutated soul of a dead soldier from past wars. Due to an imperfection of the system they are created from, many soldiers go rogue and lose so much humanity they become “zombies” having altered their own chemical make up somehow or augmented with bionics.

Now, as the true civilians huddle in fear in their homes, places of priveledge are taken over by the ones who were created to solve conflict....

“All I want is some brains!” screamed the zombie. “All you pissbag humans seem to share the same hive mind!” He spits. “Disgusting!”..

[4:19:37 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": I wonder if we can add a mechanic for battle trauma?

[4:20:31 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": I mean like you wont' be able to be a peak mental soldier precision all the tiem

[4:20:54 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": if your guy "sees too much shit" he can lose it and get jittery

[4:21:52 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": no real person is immune to tjaht or maybe malaria?

[4:22:28 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": would add dramatically to realismm
[4:22:52 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": or have perma limb loss?

[4:24:45 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": any vampires?
[4:26:34 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": I wanted to lace the game with montages to war movies
[4:27:01 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": like Saving Rrivae Ryan and apocalypse now or born on the fourh of july etc etc

[4:38:31 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": here's a quick plot summary I came up with just now........
[4:38:34 PM] Mike woodard aka "mick": In the future, the not too distant future from now, soldiers are created from test tubes and are not born. They are undistinquisable from actual human beings but since the world population has been so severely decimated that sending real people out to fight has become a prohibitive matter. Each clone is possessed from the transmutated soul of a dead soldier from past wars. Due to an imperfection of the system they are created from, many soldiers go rogue and lose so much humanity they become “zombies” having altered their own chemical make up somehow or augmented with bionics.

Now, as the true civilians huddle in fear in their homes, places of priveledge are taken over by the ones who were created to solve conflict....

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 17, 02:11:43 PM by morfiction »

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.

Edited.

I"m new to reddit so I generally don't know I am doing. The game is a scifi zombie / combat game with a twist. There is a psychological element towards everything done building towards the threat of an attack of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or "Shell Shock" as they called it in the old days. The more trauma a feels in battle, the more likely your Player Character will go rogue in some manner. Soldiers are also clones. As this takes in the future, naturally born citizens of the world are exempt from service but they live in the fringes of the richer places claimed by the fighting men & women. Once more the roguest soldiers have become Zoldiers (zombies with augmented capabilities due to genetic mutation and bionics). What do you think?
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 17, 03:21:57 AM by morfiction »