HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Installation  (Read 572 times)

biomancer

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Installation
« on: Sep 19, 17, 10:10:20 PM »

The get started talks about having things already installed but I don't see anything I can download except some .heal files. Do i have to wait until my instance is started to be able to download anything else? I was really excited to try and dive right into working on something and am trying to see if there is anything I can do to fiddle with settings or anything while I wait for my hero cloud or whatever to be activated.

Although it says its started in my dashboard on the site so not sure what is waiting to go.

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Installation
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 17, 01:39:53 AM »

You need to have the launcher exe installed. Once it is, it will associate heal files with it, so then you just need to run the heal file and the launcher will use it to begin the download and installation.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

biomancer

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 17, 09:08:52 AM »

ah yeah I didn't have the option to download the installer yet it looks like. I was just impatient I wanted to get everything downloaded so I'd be ready to go once I had access.

iindie

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 18, 08:44:17 PM »

Installation issue .... it seems 7zip is asking for privileges ... hence i am stuck at the installation of HEROBLADEHC020

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 18, 02:01:12 PM »

Good afternoon,
    You should have received a PDF named "InstallingHeroEngine.pdf". This covers most problems and installation.

The most common problem I see is forgetting to install the launcher first. This is the Inchist.exe. It replaces the need to set up visual studios, and several other programmes and allows you to run and install the HeroBlade.

Please try:
 1) install/run the Launcher/Inchinst.exe first, then
 2) install your HEROBLADEHC020

If this does not work for you, please let us know, we will do our best to get you up and running.

- Sarrene'

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 18, 08:59:15 PM »

iindie,

I see your file has the icon for the HeroEngine AutoLauncher, so it would appear that is already installed properly.

It sounds like you need to set the proper Windows permissions. Is your account on that computer an Administrator?

A quote from here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/the-requested-operation-requires-elevation/4d45a50e-2e5d-49f7-950c-e6281057491f

"It looks like the original permissions are still associated to the files you're trying to access and they're considered foreign to the computer you're trying to access them from. [That popup window] means that in order to open the file you'll need the elevated permission of a local administrator to take ownership and gain access."

I believe the ownership issues involve the "laucher" program, and more generally the folder it is in. Maybe the steps listed on that website will help you. Else, try other results you get from searching that error message.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.