HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: client for other folks  (Read 1006 times)

biomancer

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
client for other folks
« on: Sep 20, 17, 07:48:25 PM »

How do I get a client to connect to my game to other people. Do I just share the client file I downloaded or is there anywhere I can direct folks to be able to get the thing.

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: client for other folks
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 17, 06:27:14 AM »

On the downloads page of your HE account there should be a player client option available.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 17, 08:46:59 AM »

If you are talking about other people to help you develop the game, then it's in your My Groups section of your account. From there you can add account for other people to use based on the number of seats you purchased.

If you are talking about a player client for just anyone to be able to play, you don't have that option until your game is ready for some testing. Then you have to work it out with the HeroEngine staff.

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 17, 12:38:11 PM »

I see you got the answers for the developers and some about the generic client. Yes, any new developers you want to bring on must be added through the My Groups. Select your Group, then you can add or remove people from it.

Note: It is generally best if you have your team members register first, then you can just add their email address and they can get started.

You do start out with the Generic players client which is updated automatically every time. However, that still requires you adding people to your group to have access to play that.

Though, as Amarak mentioned, if you get to the point of having a vertical slice or even an alpha later on and would like to bring on more people to test, we are always happy to help to get you set up.

Note 2: With alpha or beta testers, you can skip them registering and you can just create an account for them as they would not need any special access.

I hope that helps :) And good luck! I cannot wait to see some of your project! Please do feel free to ask any other questions you might have!

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 17, 07:18:51 AM »

You could use our example as a basic of what is possible.

Our game is still in pre-alpha. We now have members of the public playing and testing the game. Basically what we did is to open up our empty developer seats and create accounts for a select few individuals. This number will vary depending on your subscription and how many seats you have. But it could be up to 99.

This will from day 1, allow you to get your players into the game. You just throw them the installer and the player client files for your world and let them install. Just make sure you have something to show off first :)

I think this is one of the best features that Hero Engine has to offer. The ability to let at least some of your playerbase into your game as soon as you set up. You will be instantly ahead of 99.99% of other MMO projects on other engines. They have to build their game world up, build servers and get multiplayer capability into their game which can take months and months.