HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Error creating mesh with henpc  (Read 808 times)

m0rr0w

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Error creating mesh with henpc
« on: Jan 15, 18, 07:30:03 PM »

I followed this here:

http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Automating_Character_Creation_with_Character_Tools

After it creates the files I need, I upload them to the same directory on the server as they are in the local computer. I add the specification with the command and then try to create an instance. However, nothing shows up when I use the command to create an instance of my model in the engine. I looked on the error tab and it says

ERROR:Mesh:Error - Unable to load: /character/dynamic_2/gm2/gm2_skeleton.hgm
ERROR:Mesh:Error - Unable to load: /character/dynamic_2/gm2/gm2_skeleton.hgm using C:\Program Files (x86)\HeroEngine\HEROBLADEHC021\hemp-hgm.dll

The file is there so I don't know why it can't load it...

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Error creating mesh with henpc
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 18, 11:29:33 PM »

I have always had that problem. At this point, go to Hero Export and export the skeleton again, replacing the existing one. I don't know why but the skeleton exported with the character exporter has never worked for me.

m0rr0w

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 18, 05:15:26 AM »

its still not working even replacing the skeleton with a manually created dynamic character skeleton

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 18, 08:12:46 AM »

Ok, try exporting the character mesh the you had exported with the skeleton. It would be exported as a dynamic character part. Also, if you could paste the contents of the gm2.dyc, gm2.par and gm2.dat files I can see if they are missing something.