HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: The state of the company and the engine, questions once again.  (Read 1586 times)

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO

This is a slight continuation of this post:
https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php?topic=6269.0;

Let me once again start off by saying this engine is amazing but I have to question its leadership now.

Sarrene claims to have been working hard on the new d3d11 update but we have seen nothing from anyone about it other than her posts. Not a peep from anyone else.

More than a month ago a post was made about the progress and stated that a new public test server would be set up in a couple of weeks. She states they have that up and running, testing it under NDA but has provided 0 proof of this. We dont even have a screen shot except one on the milestone page which has been up for over a year now.

AlexSH came onto the forums as the CEO and posted a few posts but has since disappeared.

On top of that there has still been little to no confidence built in how you actually launch your game.
As I can tell right now the only way is to work 1 on 1 with Sarrene who claims to be completely inundated by HE3 updates and the failed repopulation.

I am please asking for AlexSH to address these issue and address the community as a whole to build the confidence this community needs.

How many people are working directly on the HE3 updates?
What is your realistic release date for the new engine?
What is required to launch your game? (please dont respond with email us as this does nothing to build confidence)
How many people are actively working on this update?
Can we get developer posts instead of Sarrene updates?

You can say you are spending lots of time into the new updates but if the community is left in the dark like this for this long with no real shown progress then you will never be able to rebuild your tarnished name.

IMO we are still in the same spot we were more than 2 years ago since nothing has been produced except some posts from Sarrene.....that is pretty sad.

Once again love the engine but take off your fan boy hats and look at the reality of it. Unless you are in the back scene with sarrene HE looks like a shady, dead engine trying to keep afloat. Charging subscriptions like a hosting company and making a little off that rather than actually producing games.
This is not just my opinion, this is what the majority of people have said when I discussed the engine with them, if they even heard of it. That or "o yeah that shit engine skyrim had to rework and had a falling out with. o and repopulation was on that engine, o god yeah that looks like a nightmare to deal with".

Once again can we please hear from the CEO and see some actual proof you guys are where you say you are?

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 17, 11:39:45 AM by nocake »

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
Re: The state of the company and the engine, questions once again.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 17, 11:50:56 AM »

After some more digging I found this;;

http://heroengine.world/

It would appear IdeaFabrik is focusing on other things as well.

What is this company doing exactly?
Is Sarrene the only face for HE?

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 17, 11:54:55 AM »

and they have their own altcoin......

http://wallet.heroengine.world/

wtf? guys really. where is this company going?

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 17, 11:57:22 AM »

Let me cover one thing right now:
 HeroEngine Worlds is not part of Idea Fabrik, nor are any of our engineers or myself working on that project. These are as separate as your game is to Idea Fabrik.

Regarding your "problem" with your FPS, I have offered several times to come into your world and help you out and see what the problem is end of this week.

However, this is from your image you posted on discord:
You currently have: 1526/2129 and 3126/4627 draws in that single scene.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 17, 12:00:02 PM by HE-SARRENE »

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 17, 12:12:15 PM »

in single scene because they were not in my field of view. Occlusion is broken.

Alex came on here and posted as the CEO of ideafabrik and now he is heading up HEW with the same logo from HeroEngine and same rights, so IdeaFabrik, the parent company and money manager to HE has started another venture into HEW and appointed the CEO of IdeaFabrik to it?

Who is the CEO of IdeaFabrik now? I would still like to hear from them. Specially now that an offshoot has been made with an altcoin that seems to be backed by IdeaFabrik owning HeroEngine? That is some shady stuff.

EA, Zenimax use HeroEngine for major projects
"The Elder Scroll Online" and "Star Wars; The Old Republic" games generate hundreds of millions in revenues. Those Massive Multiplayer Online games support millions of players, it is an ultimate showcase of HeroEngine's scalability and quality.

I get what you mean by you are two different entities but you are still owned by IdeaFabrik and controlled by its members.

Your reply is brief and dismissive considering what was posted.

Again, HEW is using HE logos.

If they have any hope for their altcoin to survive and not get blasted by bad media I would highly suggest they address this post asap.

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 17, 12:34:44 PM by nocake »

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 17, 12:20:53 PM »

My comment was brief because as I told you in Discord I am currently in a meeting. I will return to this when I am done and have time to properly review and respond.

Update now that I am done with those meetings:

HeroCoin.io:
HeroCoin.io has nothing at all to do with HeroEngine. They are their own entity not even using or ever licensed HeroEngine in any way. They registered their io in 2013 and I believe first launched in 2014. Beyond what I researched I do not know anything about  them.
https://herocoin.io/ https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/herocoin/ (I found the last link kind of interesting.)

The only connection HE.World has with HeroCoin.io and the reddit you linked to is the Ethereum platform, which most io's use to know knowledge (which is very small when it comes to digital/crypto currency)

HE.World/HeroEngine Worlds and SMart City:
Regarding HE.Worlds and the European Smart City project (and their Crypto Currency), I will let Alex explain that one a bit more as I and  my engineers have done nothing on that project other than some technical consulting.

Occlusion:
Regarding the Occlusion system. It is not broken, it just is not finished as has been said many times. The new Occlusion system works partially, but will not be finished until after the d3d11 is out. This is so that we can do this correctly in the correct way and not worry about "breaking" things again once the d3d11 update  is out.

There are many aspects to the new Occlusion system, and this include but not limited to:
    a) Art asset import functionality (occlusion=true) (done and working- see your draw counts)
    b) Engine/Client culling (partially done, on hold to finish d3d update first)
    c) Visual culling (not done, on hold to finish d3d update first)
    d) gui Occlusion system + options/controls (not done, on hold to finish d3d update first)

Please do try to keep it civil and keep the personal attacks out.

Regards

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 17, 01:13:15 PM by HE-SARRENE »

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 17, 01:55:50 PM »

To CEO of IdeakFabrik:

The HeroEngine name has been dragged through the dirt many times now over the years. Still to this day nothing has been shown from IdeaFabrik or HE employees that there has been any change OTHER THAN a few text (no images or videos) posts from an employee named Sarrene who seems to be doing far too much for one person handling everything from troubleshooting games, heading up engine updates, community outreach, and only public face to this engine.

Today I discovered there is an offshoot to HeroEngine called HeroEngineWorld.
According to the websites information the same CEO that heads up IdeaFabrik heads up this offshoot.

This comes across as a little insulting to me as a developer on your platform.
We have been waiting years and years supporting your engine and building our game only to find that to the publics view of HE is still where it was at years ago just as the state of the engine is. In the dirt, broken and scared from all the negative press and low release titles.

Your neglect to the community over the years and not addressing the problems at hand makes your company appear shady and unrealistic to do business with. Now you are trying to get into the cryptocurrency market with an ICO after you left this community neglect for almost a decade?

I am asking to please come forward and be transparent about the workings of HE.

I am one of the few people using this engine publicly and talks about this engine and why I use it. I hear the publics reactions and its not good. You only tarnished your name more now by creating this offshoot HEW.

You even put up a video for it talking personally. Have you ever done this for HE? The last video released for HE was basically a re-release of an old video showing same capabilities.

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 17, 01:17:03 AM »

Where did it come from that Idea Fabrik has anything to do with Hero Engine World? And according to https://herocoin.io/, HeroCoin comes from HeroSphere.gg, in other words not HeroEngine.

As to launching, our game is very close to releasing on Steam, complete with in-game transactions using the Steam wallet:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/602600/Visions_of_Zosimos/

Of course, there hasn't exactly been a plethora of commercially successful games put out by HeroEngine users, so they don't have boatloads of cash coming in for staffing.  Without us bringing in money for them beyond subscriptions, naturally there is a limit to how much they can do. As more games succeed, they would be able to ramp up accordingly. Until then, nocake, just accept that they're doing the best they can in their circumstances. Or don't. I doubt anyone has a gun to your head.

I'm sorry, but your come across as kind of whiny.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 17, 01:19:19 AM by FI-ScottZ »
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 17, 11:43:14 AM »

Scott you have always been a fan boy of this engine and have been on this engine for longer than I have so I have some respect for you but not much.....

Where did it come from that Idea Fabrik has anything to do with Hero Engine World? And according to https://herocoin.io/, HeroCoin comes from HeroSphere.gg, in other words not HeroEngine.

1. herocoin.io is not the same as HeroEngine.world there just happens to be another coin named HeroCoin that is already well established.
2. the CEO of IF is heading up HeroEngine.World. On https://heroengine.world they use the same logos and even reference HeroEngine technology to be leveraged for this new coin. Which is only in ICO stages right now.

So you are telling me that HE is failing because there isnt resources behind it yet the CEO of IF is now starting an offshoot coin with the engine?
" Until then, nocake, just accept that they're doing the best they can in their circumstances. Or don't."

They are not doing the best they can though, it is clear they are just trying to keep the ship afloat.

The CEO of IF, the owner of HE is off making HeroEngine.World while us developers sit here with a shit engine and years of broken promises.

There are literally a handful of people that can say something good about HE. You are at the top of that list so I expected this response and miss direction to the real issue.

On top of all of that your game is an instanced game that has very low resources and a game board map. You were far better suited making your game in unity. It could have been developed in under 6 months.

Once again:

The CEO of IF, the owner of HE, is off making HeroEngine.World while us developers sit here with a shit engine and years of broken promises and 0 public progress. enjoy what ever you see behind the scenes but that isnt doing a thing for the public image of this company.

EDIT: I would also just like to add that HeroEngine.World has an ICO offering and is registered in Estonia. So the CEO of IF is also the CEO of HEW and trying to raise money outside of IF (since it apparently has no part with IF according to Sarrene) and use it to build a cryptocurrency game (because that is all this city management really is, a game) on top of heroengine. Shady.....

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 17, 11:53:56 AM by nocake »

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 17, 02:25:59 PM »

1. herocoin.io is not the same as HeroEngine.world there just happens to be another coin named HeroCoin that is already well established.
Even though you edited your post after I mentioned that HeroCoin was not associated with HeroEngine or HeroEngine.World, you were the first to bring it up by posting their Reddit page. I am not sure why you had done that in the first place. I am also not sure why you edited it and say it is “already well established”. If it were, why did you bring it up in the first place saying it was us and how shady it was?

So you are telling me that HE is failing because there isnt resources behind it yet the CEO of IF is now starting an offshoot coin with the engine?
HeroEngine has been licensed and used for more than just fun games. And if Smart City in Europe wants to even consider using HeroEngine for HeroEngine.worlds, how is that bad for HE or our clients? It means revenue, which means we can do things like software and hardware upgrades that are passed onto you, the client. How is this failing?

They are not doing the best they can though, it is clear they are just trying to keep the ship afloat.  The CEO of IF, the owner of HE is off making HeroEngine.World while us developers sit here with a shit engine and years of broken promises.
No more so than any other company. Again, how are contracts and bringing in revenue that benefits the clients and community a bad thing? I personally would be upset if my CEO was not working at bringing in revenue and working on spreading the word about HeroEngine and bringing in contracts.

As a side note, Alex has only been CEO for less than 2 years. Without Alex none of us would be here right now. So please refrain from insults and assumptions.

Scott you have always been a fan boy of this engine and have been on this engine for longer than I have so I have some respect for you but not much.....  On top of all of that your game is an instanced game that has very low resources and a game board map. You were far better suited making your game in unity. It could have been developed in under 6 months.

► Please keep things civil and again I will ask again as I had in Discord and in my other post, with a formal warning: No personal attacks. You can disagree without insults or other negative condemnations.