HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Trouble starting Maya.  (Read 161 times)

Shanebad111

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Trouble starting Maya.
« on: Nov 24, 17, 07:31:41 PM »

Hello I need help. I cannot find anywhere where the Maya.exe is, can someone please assist me.

Merrie

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble starting Maya.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 17, 08:27:01 PM »

When you installed Maya a shortcut should have appeared on your desktop?  If not go to your C drive (If on Windows) look for Autodesk Maya 2015, and you will find an 'Install Now' application if you make a shortcut to your desktop and start that if should give you a clue.  Hope that helps.

Shanebad111

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 17, 07:34:04 PM »

YOu know, I installed Hero engine and downloaded the stuff that said maya and max, but nothing for a Maya installer. There Is no maya anywhere on my computer but I I go to the art pipeline there is a maya 2015 or whatever and then theres a hero process orm something but it just flashes a screen and here I am clueless and maybe needing a barney style explanation of how to open maya. Thank you so much for your assistance It is quite obviouse to me I need more. Thank you for your time. Do you have more. Theres no shortcut on my computer and nothing on my C drive.

Shanebad111

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 17, 07:34:40 PM »

I really want to develop this game.

TomRomig

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 17, 12:24:14 PM »

Hello Shanebad111,

Sorry you thought that you were going to get full max and maya. However I know of no engine company that does that. Max and Maya software is owned by Autodesk and not IF or HE. We are unable to hand out those or any other modeling software (such as Blender, Subtance, etc) legally. These will have to be obtained through those sites.

Hero has the pipline API (max and Maya plugins) for them that you install and will set up those plugins for you in which ever programme you have for modeling. If you are interested in both these programs you are able to get a education license or a trail license. Also, per user agreement with Autodesk you will need a full license prior releasing to the public.

Shanebad111

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 17, 01:55:06 PM »

Oh, I'm not a tard. Ish. Thank you guys.