HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Ultima Online Runuo  (Read 202 times)

bb3321

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Ultima Online Runuo
« on: Nov 29, 17, 11:12:10 AM »

runuo server files
Can you combine with hero engine _?

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Ultima Online Runuo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 17, 11:29:39 AM »

Good afternoon,
I am not sure exactly what you mean. To help you out and answer your question a bit better could you explain a bit of what you mean?

HeroEngine is a PaaS (Platform as a Service) and is an MMO Game development engine. So you can build an MMO with your team in real time and not have to worry about networking, server builds, server staging and so on. You are able to focus on your game itself.

Are you looking to run UO on HE servers or are looking to migrate your UO mod over to HE? Do note to keep in mind the legal issues if you are looking to build a UO like game on HE.

Look forward to your questions, and we will do our best to help answer them for you.

:)
Sarrene'

bb3321

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 17, 12:18:11 PM »

I just want to combine it with the runuo emulator hero engine

I want to design maps and models

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 17, 07:10:01 PM »

The legality of emulators is highly suspect - it's unlikely that the HE would makes it easy to use it for emulating games.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 17, 07:46:01 PM »

Good evening,
HeroEngine is not an emulator, it is an actual game engine. Therefor unable to run any emulators on HE.

There is also the legality of creating or running other peoples games due to IP rights and licensing. EA Games owns the rights to Ultima Online.

If you are able to get a license from EA Games to run or create a version of UO, please do feel free to contact us via email, and we can set up a meeting to discuss the options that you would have.

If you wish to make your own game in honour of or loosely based on UO (using your own code, art assets etc), then HeroEngine is the place for you I or other community members can help answer any questions regarding that.

Regards,
Sarrene'