HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: RudderHaven/Becker College  (Read 499 times)

Berephon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
RudderHaven/Becker College
« on: Dec 14, 17, 06:10:23 PM »

Greetings, all,

My name is Jonathan Rudder. My company is RudderHaven (currently, a book-only publisher, but moving into the digital space.) I also teach in the Interactive Media program at Becker College, Worcester, MA.

Personal Bio: The short version - author of five fantasy novels and former content designer, copyeditor, writer, and Tolkien expert for The Lord of the Rings Online (nearly nine years.) If you ever played the game and visited the forums, you would have seen me posting by the same dev name: Berephon (actually a character from my books.)

Team Bio: About forty students at Becker College. A great team. We run a course series called Game Studio, where students from all concentrations in our Interactive Media Design program put their heads together and make games in a studio environment, with the intent to publish. Current Leads - Producer: Alex Rujata, Programming: Ben Javitz, Systems: Kyle Rosa, Content: Olivia Jernigan.

Current Project: The Milhavior Chronicles Online - a large-scale MMO based on the world of my novels, using the core mechanic of a tabletop RPG that I have a team working on as well. Our hopes are to use HeroCloud, as the benefits fit my financial capabilities; however, we're running into a lot of major challenges, not the least of which are out-of-date documentation and lack of current Max/Maya support (a problem as that is all Becker has available to us; hoping 3.0 launches with 2017/2018 support early in the year, or we'll be wasting another semester of development.) Also hoping the community here can help get us past some of our hurdles.

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: RudderHaven/Becker College
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 17, 06:55:41 PM »

I'd suggest that you and some of your team join the offical HE Skype chat - https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,6178.0.html - you can get plenty of help and advice there.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

Berephon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: RudderHaven/Becker College
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 17, 09:36:12 PM »

Thanks, Amanda, we will likely do that. (Particularly my lead programmer and lead artist.)