HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: MAX 2016: Animation Tools: Animation Note Frame Printout  (Read 525 times)

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile

Amarak: This is also tested and works in Max 2015

Compatible with Max Versions: 2015, 2016

Navigate to the following folder:

C:\HeroEngine\ArtDepot\HeroEngineArtPipeline\MaxScripts\Max2016.0(or the version you have)

Paste the attached zip file(link at bottom of post) into this folder and "extract here", and overwrite the existing script.

if you have max open already, thats fine, just ensure the animation tools panel is closed, and use the "Run Script" option and navigate to the "Animation_Tools.ms" script you just unzipped, and open it.
Thats all.  now open your animation tools panel again, and you're done.

WHAT DOES IT DO:
it prints out the animation note name, + the key frame the note is on in the "listener" console in the bottom left corner, each time you use the PREV or NEXT (< >) buttons in the animation notes section of the animation tools panel.

WHY:
Amarak noticed that there was no way to tell which frame a note was on once you had added it and moved to another frame etc.

for other versions of Max....
Send me a copy of the Animation_Tools.ms file along with What version of Max you're running and I'll edit it and send it back.

Might not help many folks but if nothing else may serve as a good reference for someone.

Cheers
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 18, 03:38:56 PM by ToY-Krun »

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: MAX 2016: Animation Tools: Animation Note Frame Printout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 18, 12:34:45 AM »

I might also add a request that this or similar functionality be added into future updates for the pipeline?

Thanks!

I should have put this in "Animation" but oh well.....
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 18, 12:36:21 AM by ToY-Krun »

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 18, 12:55:27 AM »

This is also tested and works in Max 2015

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 18, 03:35:09 PM »

Thanks Amarak, and i updated the attached zip file with the fixes you suggested. (name wasn't correct when using previous note button at the first index.  it now jumps to the last index and displays the name correctly)

Let me know if theres anything else.