HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Solved] How to access the FPS reference files?  (Read 440 times)

Kobaltic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Solved] How to access the FPS reference files?
« on: Mar 14, 18, 08:45:38 PM »

I am trying to look at the fps reference files but I can't seem to find any. I use the repository blade and select the fps reference world. I see a directory list of files but that is it. There are no files in the folders. I downloaded the folders anyway and they all have a placeholder.txt file in them. How do I get the fps reference files?
Thanks
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 18, 06:00:28 AM by Kobaltic »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: How to access the FPS reference files?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 18, 06:56:42 AM »

From what I recall, we were only allowed to use code from these reference worlds, not the assets, which would require an additional license. So I am guessing that is why they don't show up for download in the repo browser (I see the same thing when I log in: no files).
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

Kobaltic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: How to access the FPS reference files?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 18, 05:59:41 AM »

That would make sense. Thanks.

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] How to access the FPS reference files?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 18, 03:38:52 AM »

FI-ScottZ is correct, the assets in the reference worlds are for examples only.

In the past, the models were for sale, however most of these are using older formats (especially HJ Ref). We have had several updates in the last two years and a few more coming this spring and summer. We are a small company and team and have not had time to update these assets and focused on updating the engine and providing support. I can tell you that we have plans for the next few years to update the Reference worlds to more modern examples.

However, you are more than welcome to use any of the scripts inside the reference world as starting points and learning. I do however recommend not to plan on using them exactly as they are in the reference worlds as a lot of those have depreciated HSL Script functions. But they are a great starting point to learn HSL. This will allow you to customize them as you need and keep them updated.

If you do have any questions regarding scripts or questions about art, please do feel free to ask!

:)