HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: SpeedTree - collision issue in game  (Read 339 times)

encode_decode

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
SpeedTree - collision issue in game
« on: Jul 26, 18, 08:57:22 PM »

I would like to be able to collide with the trunk of the tree but not the leaves.

In short: As a last resort just for testing purposes, I removed the collision primitives in SpeedTree from my tree model but it seems like heroengine adds its own collision to the whole tree including the leaves.

A little more in detail: I removed the capsule and sphere collision primitives in SpeedTree and then I saved the file - next I imported the tree into the SpeedTree compiler and compiled - I then uploaded the model to the repository and then added it to the word in HeroBlade but I am still getting a collision from the whole tree even though I removed the collision primitives.

I am only new to SpeedTree so it is possible that I am missing something and I am also only new to HeroEngine so again it is possible that I am missing something here.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

:)

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: SpeedTree - collision issue in game
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 18, 09:36:07 PM »

If you have to remove the physics and set it to use the collision capsules instead. If you are using meshes you brought in from ForesterPro, I am not sure what or how that would work with SpeedTree or any issues it might pose.

You are more than welcome to post up some screeshots of the tree and the different settings and meshes being used. Then we can see what we can do to help. Also, remember to check out the documentation that is included in SpeedTree itself.

encode_decode

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: SpeedTree - collision issue in game
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 18, 04:50:58 AM »

My apologies for the late reply - I have been busy with other things in the game world like setting up a larger terrain.

If you have to remove the physics and set it to use the collision capsules instead. If you are using meshes you brought in from ForesterPro, I am not sure what or how that would work with SpeedTree or any issues it might pose.
For some reason even when I remove the capsules I still get collision - it is like HeroEngine is over-riding SpeedTree's collision settings and applying its own collisions to the SpeedTree object. I have done a little further research on it so I have not deserted trying to rectify the issue yet - doubtful I will. Regarding the trees that were brought in from ForesterPro: I am certain that HeroEngine applied the same collision to them as it is applying to the SpeedTrees but I could be wrong.

You are more than welcome to post up some screeshots of the tree and the different settings and meshes being used. Then we can see what we can do to help. Also, remember to check out the documentation that is included in SpeedTree itself.

As soon as I get some time I will post up some screenies provided I do not solve the problem before then - I plan on studying the SpeedTree documentation in depth so I agree with you that I should check out the documentation - I think perhaps having studied the documentation more thoroughly will also teach me a few other tricks too.

There are perhaps a couple of different ways to achieve zero leaf collision in game leaving only the trunk and branch collision that I desire - hopefully I achieve this in SpeedTree though << this would be preferable.