HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where is the Backend?  (Read 647 times)

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the Backend?
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 19, 01:29:28 PM »

Yes, I saw, the problem is how to authenticate the users of my website to the game server  ;D

You can create your own plugin to fit what ever CMS or system you are using for your own website. This can be either through authentication plugin you create as a plugin in HE and then for your site (php, json, xml, your choice). The same thing can be done via steams API as well.

Once you get to that point there are several here that have done just this in various ways to work how they want with their system. We do not currently have a specific built in plugin for this purpose as there are so many different types of CMS's that people use, including pure HTML pages (yes there are still several that write their own back end for websites) not to mention so many different versions of each.

Here is a small list from Wikipidia that gives you an idea of what people use for their websites:
CMS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_content_management_systems
Forum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_forum_software

To get more information on this you can view:
http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/HeroScript_Extension_Plugin
http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Functions

In the future we do plan on having a few more tools available that can work with a few of the major CMS and forum software. However, at this time my engineers are focused on getting the last bits of d3d11/12 done so we can make a nice major update for all clients on live.

At this time, anyone with web development experience (php, python, xml, html) should be able to create a nice plugin to authenticate against your games users and display in the way that works for your site. Please do note that security and privacy of your users is important, so be careful what you expose.

Regards,
Sarrene'

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 15, 19, 11:31:01 AM »

Yes, I saw, the problem is how to authenticate the users of my website to the game server  ;D

You can create your own plugin to fit what ever CMS or system you are using for your own website. This can be either through authentication plugin you create as a plugin in HE and then for your site (php, json, xml, your choice). The same thing can be done via steams API as well.

Once you get to that point there are several here that have done just this in various ways to work how they want with their system. We do not currently have a specific built in plugin for this purpose as there are so many different types of CMS's that people use, including pure HTML pages (yes there are still several that write their own back end for websites) not to mention so many different versions of each.

Here is a small list from Wikipidia that gives you an idea of what people use for their websites:
CMS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_content_management_systems
Forum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_forum_software

To get more information on this you can view:
http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/HeroScript_Extension_Plugin
http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Functions

In the future we do plan on having a few more tools available that can work with a few of the major CMS and forum software. However, at this time my engineers are focused on getting the last bits of d3d11/12 done so we can make a nice major update for all clients on live.

At this time, anyone with web development experience (php, python, xml, html) should be able to create a nice plugin to authenticate against your games users and display in the way that works for your site. Please do note that security and privacy of your users is important, so be careful what you expose.

Regards,
Sarrene'

I use Drupal 8 for my websites.
Authentication between site and game server is the main priority for me  :-\
I want that my users uses the same username and the same password to login at the game
I know that i need to build a module in php but i don't know php  :'(
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 19, 11:45:10 AM by AkenStyle »

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 15, 19, 11:59:18 AM »

Good afternoon Aken,
Ah, you have a site up already? Please feel free to share the link and I can look into it a little to get an idea of what type of work would be needed. I have not used or worked with Drupal in many years. However, there is no reason that help could not be obtained from someone in the community when you are ready to start integrating your game and your users into your site.

I have not looked it up, but have you already started on your game? If so, what is the name of your game or the worlds name?

Regards,
Sarrene'

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 19, 04:45:55 AM »

Hi SARRENE, the website of the game is in localhost.
In the attached image you can see the registration page
what i want to do is: When a user register her account with username and password, these 2 informations are sent with an POST request to the game server
for make it, i have need to make a custom module for my CMS
Also, Drupal 8 have an HTTP Client in the core called Guzzle, this make it easier to write code that sends and receives HTTP requests
If everything works correctly, The user when launch the game, insert username and password in the login form and he have acces at the game  :-\

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 19, 08:02:53 AM »

To summarize this Topic:
- First create the game in HeroEngine
- After a proof of concept and an Alfa-slice, you get the necessary tools and API's do have users register on your webpage, and have the same username and password for the game.

But only until you have reached the stage where your game can be put online, you will get these tools.

For now, access to those API's are not granted, until you create a playable game in HeroEngine.

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 19, 11:27:17 AM »

To summarize this Topic:
- After a proof of concept and an Alfa-slice, you get the necessary tools and API's do have users register on your webpage, and have the same username and password for the game.

But only until you have reached the stage where your game can be put online, you will get these tools.

For now, access to those API's are not granted, until you create a playable game in HeroEngine.

who decides if a game is ready to go to alpha?  ???

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #21 on: Jan 16, 19, 11:45:55 AM »

To summarize this Topic:

Well, I guess the people of Idea Fabrik, as they are paying the server costs.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 19, 01:46:45 AM »

To summarize this Topic:

You will work closely with the HE team by the point that you personally think your game is ready for alpha. They will take a look at your game and give you tailored advice and options on where to go from there, be it needing polish and additional system work on your vertical slice, or helping you set up for alpha.
Pages: 1 [2]