HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Where is the Backend?  (Read 1749 times)

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Where is the Backend?
« on: Jan 07, 19, 11:26:48 AM »

A few months ago i have developed a simple online game with Unity, and i have used GameSparks to manage the game and the users, so if i develop a game with HeroEngine/HeroCloud, how to login at the backend? ???

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: Where is the Backend?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 19, 11:38:10 AM »

Without source-access, there's no back-end for you, except if you host it all yourself.

You might want to start here if you're looking for something close to it: http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Clean_Engine_Feature_Overview

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 19, 04:17:28 PM »

Hello and good day AkenStyle,
When you purchase a subscription to HeroEngine, you will have a dashboard on the site that will allow you to access your world, permission groups, users, etc.

If you go into Alpha or Beta while still on the cloud, you will have a full users list as well, and can add or remove them, as well as what permissions you want to give them (general player, QA, GM, etc).

Once your game goes live, you will also be given additional back end capability for things like Store Page customization's, customizing your micro-transactions (if you choose to have them in game) and other such features to help you manage your game. Currently, this includes your user management as explained above as well as Master Controls for your games server. In the future you will also have access to controlling your server through an easy to use web interface.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have!

:)
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 19, 04:28:25 PM by HE-SARRENE »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 19, 10:22:52 AM »

When you purchase a HE world, you get access to the backend via online dashboard. From day 1, you can manage your team members via the website.

Later on during development, as the need for managing player accounts arrises, the tools to do so will be made readily available to you to do so.

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 19, 11:43:36 AM »

Hello and good day AkenStyle,
When you purchase a subscription to HeroEngine, you will have a dashboard on the site that will allow you to access your world, permission groups, users, etc.

If you go into Alpha or Beta while still on the cloud, you will have a full users list as well, and can add or remove them, as well as what permissions you want to give them (general player, QA, GM, etc).

Once your game goes live, you will also be given additional back end capability for things like Store Page customization's, customizing your micro-transactions (if you choose to have them in game) and other such features to help you manage your game. Currently, this includes your user management as explained above as well as Master Controls for your games server. In the future you will also have access to controlling your server through an easy to use web interface.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have!

:)

So with 99 Dollars per year i have all this things?

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 19, 08:42:28 AM »

Good morning,
With a $99 subscription you get two seats and yes, all this in stages starting with your group and user management in your dashboard.

Sarrene'

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 19, 12:37:35 PM »

let me understand.
For example: i have completed a game,
my game receive 1000 users access per day.
With 99$ i can manage it without other costs? ;D

Farina

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 19, 02:00:48 AM »

6.           FEES; PAYMENT; AUDIT RIGHTS.

6.1         Collections and Running Royalties. Within thirty (30) days following each month after the Game Launch Date, Idea Fabrik will pay to Developer all Revenue collected by Idea Fabrik with respect to such Games, less any fees from third-party billing companies, and then less thirty percent (30%) (the “Developer Revenue”). The thirty percent (30%) retained by Idea Fabrik will be compensation for its services provided hereunder (“Idea Fabrik Revenue”). “Revenue” for a Game shall mean all monies actually received by or credited to Developer from the exploitation of such Game, including without limitation, subscription fees or pay-per-play fees from the electronic distribution of the Game, sums derived from the sale or rental of the Game, less any returns, refunds or credits actually granted by Idea Fabrik to Customers. In combination with the foregoing payments, Idea Fabrik will provide Developer with a report specifying Revenue applicable to such calendar month in accordance with the general categories and report formats specified by Idea Fabrik. No payments aggregating less than two hundred fifty ($250) dollars will be made by Idea Fabrik hereunder; all such payments will be deferred to the next payment period.

6.2         Outside the Idea Fabrik Platform. In the event You make any of Your Games available outside the Idea Fabrik Platform, You must give us ten (10) days written notice, and You agree to pay us thirty percent (30%) of any Revenue paid by end-users by you or by your distributors or agents related to such game for a period of two (2) years from the date such Game is no longer exclusively offered on the Idea Fabrik Platform. Without limiting the foregoing, our Distribution License for such Game shall survive in accordance with Section 12.3.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 19, 02:37:34 PM »

let me understand.
For example: i have completed a game,
my game receive 1000 users access per day.
With 99$ i can manage it without other costs? ;D

Hero engine will help cover server launch costs. Once you are settled in and growing, you will eventually take over running of your servers. They also take 30% revenue.

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 19, 02:59:38 PM »

6.           FEES; PAYMENT; AUDIT RIGHTS.

6.1         Collections and Running Royalties. Within thirty (30) days following each month after the Game Launch Date, Idea Fabrik will pay to Developer all Revenue collected by Idea Fabrik with respect to such Games, less any fees from third-party billing companies, and then less thirty percent (30%) (the “Developer Revenue”). The thirty percent (30%) retained by Idea Fabrik will be compensation for its services provided hereunder (“Idea Fabrik Revenue”). “Revenue” for a Game shall mean all monies actually received by or credited to Developer from the exploitation of such Game, including without limitation, subscription fees or pay-per-play fees from the electronic distribution of the Game, sums derived from the sale or rental of the Game, less any returns, refunds or credits actually granted by Idea Fabrik to Customers. In combination with the foregoing payments, Idea Fabrik will provide Developer with a report specifying Revenue applicable to such calendar month in accordance with the general categories and report formats specified by Idea Fabrik. No payments aggregating less than two hundred fifty ($250) dollars will be made by Idea Fabrik hereunder; all such payments will be deferred to the next payment period.

6.2         Outside the Idea Fabrik Platform. In the event You make any of Your Games available outside the Idea Fabrik Platform, You must give us ten (10) days written notice, and You agree to pay us thirty percent (30%) of any Revenue paid by end-users by you or by your distributors or agents related to such game for a period of two (2) years from the date such Game is no longer exclusively offered on the Idea Fabrik Platform. Without limiting the foregoing, our Distribution License for such Game shall survive in accordance with Section 12.3.

Great system :P

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 19, 04:08:09 PM »

To clarify, under the 30% revenue take, hero engine will continue to cover operating and server costs, deliver maintainance, support and updates.

Its only when and if your game uses soooo much bandwidth that you may have to start shouldering some some costs. In that case they will either help you reduce overhead and/or help monetise your game in an effective way.

All in all, its a pretty sweet deal. That 30% isnt just there for them to make money, its also there to help run the servers that are running your game. Not having to worry about server costs until you really start having a whole ton of usage is a dream other engines cant even hope to deliver.

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 19, 05:19:38 AM »

infact, i have used engines like unity, unreal, i have tried  various backend, GamesParks, Playfab, there is a great confusion...
I do not want to write cloud codes  and integrates it with the game :-\

If there are good engineers behind Hero Engine who do this job with passion, it's better :D

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 19, 08:20:06 AM »

You dont have to integrate anything. Its all part of the herocloud blade. Your code and scripts are part if it.

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 19, 12:28:00 PM »

You dont have to integrate anything. Its all part of the herocloud blade. Your code and scripts are part if it.
Yes, i saw, the problem is how to authenticate the users of my website to the game server  ;D

HE-SARRENE

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 19, 01:13:47 PM »

(copy of the other post but may help in regards to the server and networking aspects)

Not so much a tutorial video, but these can show how the built in networking and servers work.

Collaborative video: (This was done last minute with only a few hours to plan and total build time from start to finish was 2 hours and 40 minutes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKY9fe4Djk

This is a Dev video of us rebuilding an area from start to finish. (This was done with all of us on line at the same time working in the same area in real time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4i6_l6xAso

Please note that part of the subscription and the royalties covers the networking and servers. You do not ever need to touch that code at all. It is already built in.

Regards,
Sarrene'
Pages: [1] 2