HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: How to make the moon and the planet?  (Read 322 times)

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
How to make the moon and the planet?
« on: Jan 29, 19, 12:41:54 PM »

In the game Star Wars The Old Republic, when i select a planet, appear a short movie in real time, and after the loading screen.

In the attached IMAGE you can see one of these scenes.

The question is, how to make the moon and the planet?

These 2 objects are maked with Hero Engine, or with an other software?

If these 2 object are maked with an other software, what software have used Bioware?  ???

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: How to make the moon and the planet?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 19, 12:58:26 PM »

Though I have not yet done it, I believe it is possible with HeroEngine. There is a whitebox tool that will make a sphere, where you can then apply a texture to that sphere, they can also be made at different sizes to represent each of the 2 images in the picture.

Here is something that might be a little similar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
It shows a planet, a sphere with texture. More will be needed to make it have an atmosphere.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 19, 01:07:13 PM by Thazager »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 19, 03:06:21 PM »

Ive already done something like this in Hero engine. Basically its all about layers, objects and forced perspective/scale.

https://youtu.be/zQYaF9mjdx0

Check out this video. Its achieved by simply having a 2d background with some 3d elements that are closer to you.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 19, 03:14:34 PM »

You can make your 2d art in photoshop, your 3d art in 3ds max, maya, blender etc.

Then you assemble the scene ingame. You can make a 3d space scene with a skybox and some scaled 2d/3d elements. Add a big flare for a distant star, some particles for space dust. If you just want a simple scene to look at, you lock the camera facing your 2d background and then add everything else between the camera and the bg image.

AkenStyle

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 19, 11:19:15 AM »

Ive already done something like this in Hero engine. Basically its all about layers, objects and forced perspective/scale.

https://youtu.be/zQYaF9mjdx0

Check out this video. Its achieved by simply having a 2d background with some 3d elements that are closer to you.

very impressive ;)
the problem is how to make the landscape texture, for the clouds i use the noise tool on Photoshop, but for the landscape?  ::)