HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Disclaimer for New Subscribers  (Read 95 times)

Mr_Conflicts

• General Accounts
  • HSL Programmer
    • View Profile
    • Daniel J. Burkhart
Disclaimer for New Subscribers
« on: Jul 13, 19, 07:27:19 PM »

I want to add a disclaimer that might be of use to new purchasers of the HeroEngine. As I have been working on making tutorial videos I have tried to make people understand that you can do pretty much everything you need to implement your GDD short of changing the engine itself (unless you have a source licence). But I feel like this should be said, the HeroEngine is the real deal for MMO development. It's not easy to grasp and will take a lot of time and effort to understand what is going on and how stuff works. You should expect a challenge. That said, you can do some amazing things with it once you get past the learning curve. There are several of us here in the community who can help, including me, with different aspects of the game engine. It's up to you if you want to stick with it long enough to be able to make your own game.

I say this because I think this may help people understand what they are getting themselves into when they subscribe for access to the HeroEngine. I get the feeling people underestimate how hard it is to make an MMO. If you don't have a GDD or some kind of plan in place you are liable to fail in your game development escapade. Hope this helps.