HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Point N Click 2D or Lazy QTE.  (Read 211 times)

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
Point N Click 2D or Lazy QTE.
« on: Aug 15, 19, 06:09:07 AM »

I have over a dozen reference photos. I want to make a presentation using them somewhat similar to Shadowgate. Using these commands you can teleport around the 3D landscape looking at holograms. There might even be animated scenes where NPCs in 3D are set against the backgrounds.

This is as always, an extension of my Virtual Meeting Place concept. Hoping to quickly finish this one as I have been considering options and asking for help for five years or so.... :(   This won't be the only usage of this concept. I will look forward to charging organizations a nominal fee to host VMPs for their organizations in a consistent 3D world.

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
Re: Point N Click 2D or Lazy QTE.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 19, 03:55:47 PM »

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 19, 04:55:37 PM »

Hey, peeps. Looking for some help with XML & HSL for my VMP project. I probably can set aside $10-$20 an hour for a coder.

I have pitched to a website with a very nice community who I will crowdfund with to mutually help both of us out on expenses.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 19, 08:02:12 PM »

There are a few diff ways to make a point and click, here is 1 of those ways.

On the GUI, have a map (with maybe names of rooms). You can click on the name of the area and using a teleport be sent to that place. If the place is in the same area, it can be instant port. If the place is in another area, it will take a sec or 2. During long travel the character will freeze during that sec, while the new area loads in. Some games use a load screen between these, but it does not need 1. With this type, you would most likely transport to a specified coordinates in that room.

A 2nd way might be teleporting to a location in the same area, using a map to world location system. This way you wont need an ending location, but can travel to any spot you click on. The exactness depends on the size of the map, and how accurate it is.