HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Iclone Integration  (Read 6079 times)

Helsen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Iclone Integration
« on: Aug 18, 11, 08:37:55 PM »

would be wonderful if there was an integration between HeroEngine and Iclone (with kinect)

Reallusion's iClone5 - Kinect Demo Video

8)
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 12, 09:41:45 PM by HE-Cooper »

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Iclone Integration
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 11, 02:13:38 PM »

All we need is OpenNI integration then we could use Kinect. OpenNI is a Free Opensource Library so it shouldn't be to hard for them to integrate it unless the license for OpenNI conflicts with HeroEngine.

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 11, 03:56:19 PM »

Thanks for the heads up! Kinect Mocap is really good with ipiSoft Capture (although not realtime). Can get almost perfect results, but very pricey. Brekel's Kinect plugin is unusable at current state if you are looking for good quality, you will spend more time on cleanup, not really worth it. He is working with the new SDK so hopefully his future release will be good. This looks very nice, cant wait to try it out with my Kinect! On the HeroEngine side of things I have no idea how iclone would be useful for HeroEngine as all animation is done in 3rd party software and fbx support is in the near future.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 11, 04:30:31 PM by info360covers »

RealityX

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Vaporware Studios
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 11, 11:17:43 PM »

Thanks for the heads up! Kinect Mocap is really good with ipiSoft Capture (although not realtime). Can get almost perfect results, but very pricey. Brekel's Kinect plugin is unusable at current state if you are looking for good quality, you will spend more time on cleanup, not really worth it. He is working with the new SDK so hopefully his future release will be good. This looks very nice, cant wait to try it out with my Kinect! On the HeroEngine side of things I have no idea how iclone would be useful for HeroEngine as all animation is done in 3rd party software and fbx support is in the near future.

Unless he wants to control his characters in game via kinect. That would definitely be a first for an MMO, you literally have to walk around the game, no more lazy gamers  ;D

phantomhood

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 11, 11:32:15 PM »

maybe use it for casting spells or fighting also you could get lots of uses.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 11, 06:55:42 AM »

There's two interesting paths with Kinect. As info360 points out, there is a move towards independent SDKs that can be used to create sets animations via the hardware, effectively using it to do MoCap. There is some neat stuff getting done, and if you can find an independent solution that lets you get those animations into Max or Maya (man there is a lot of cleanup that has to get done though I bet) then you can get them into game.

The next avenue is to use the connect to control the game being made in the HeroEngine, either as a simple interface controller, or the ultimate crazytown--actually dynamically animating the character's movements by tying the rig and skeleton to the kinect's motion. We won't be providing either of these in the near future, but you can purchase a source license and do it yourself, or hope that someone else with a source license does the integration work and then has that code integrated back into our branch. But I will make a promise to any cloud developers: ship a first game that hits a million users and you can pick any (reasonable) feature for us to build into the cloud for use in your next game.  ;D

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 11, 05:17:20 PM »

yeah, players with keyboards would pwn you to death, kinect is not fast/accurate enough to match the controllability you have with a keyboard

phantomhood

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 11, 07:17:45 PM »

yeah, players with keyboards would pwn you to death, kinect is not fast/accurate enough to match the controllability you have with a keyboard

would depend on the game and what you use it for:) and keyboards suck to unless your typing a message :)

RealityX

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Vaporware Studios
« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 11, 07:22:34 PM »

Im not so sure thats the case, as the new ghost recon game is going to have kinect control, and its a FPS. Also there is the aspect for voice commands (which could also be done via any mic, but still  ;D )

would depend on the game and what you use it for:) and keyboards suck to unless your typing a message :)

Keyboards dont suck, just ask my Logitech g510, it'll tell you its quite nice   ;D

phantomhood

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 11, 07:31:56 PM »

I'll still take a gamepad and good mouse :) keyboards are just to big and bulky.

with voice software and the work they are doing with camera's gaming is changing :)

ProjectDiomedes

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 12, 06:35:07 PM »

I was digging around and came across this thread while researching our project.  Iclone is releasing a pipeline that is compatible with 3DSmax/maya in FBX or BVH formats.  It's pricey at 399.00 but it claims to be able to build motion libraries for games.....if it works it could really streamline that aspect of game design, at least for bipeds.

Sorry for dragging up an old topic, but we're researching ways to streamline and accelerate certain processes, while bringing more "life like" motion to the screen. 

Probably be some clean up on the animations needed, especially for idle loops in order to keep that "end of loop jerk" in the animation cycle.