HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Resolved] n chunks importing from world machine  (Read 5744 times)

Gothrek

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: n chunks importing from world machine
« Reply #15 on: Aug 24, 11, 07:12:47 AM »

ok, i m focusing on my system, but, do u have any tips reading my project?
maybe there are severals different solutions for implement this idea and i dont take it.

other thing, i dont understand, but how big is wow, war or rift in km? couse yesterday i cross all rift and at the same time cross 32km in HE, but if the rift world is more little, also there is a parameter for change the run speed or other?

tks again.
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 11, 07:20:29 AM by Gothrek »

Gothrek

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 25, 11, 03:11:16 AM »

If the area is too big also i need to change the player size? if now a 500x500 area for a 2m player is too small, i can change the player size from actually 2m (for example) to 40cm? or there is another system for simulate a large map?
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 11, 03:23:10 AM by Gothrek »

tribaljedi

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 25, 11, 05:18:37 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/uBWCz.jpg

You'll have to do the conversion to km.

As for run speed and such, it can be changed via a script.  I'm not sure exactly which one though because I haven't dug into the scripts yet.

Gothrek

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 25, 11, 11:59:54 PM »

its not only a prob of convert mile in km (or wow is about 15km x 15km, like a small town), is a ratio prob, i think.
if my runspeed is 12km/h 500m = 2,5min also i cross the standard HE area every 2,5min, but my prob is not connect to runspeed, but if i want to do a city with this ratio this city take up a very large part of the world.

if in my mmo i want replicate a small mediterrain zone, rome cannot take up half world.

Which is the solution, small player in the same zone? its possible change the player ratio (i just try but my camera dont work and when i enter in HE again the ratio is reset), or maybe miss something.

tks

DragonFist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 04, 11, 04:16:42 PM »

It does support r16 as well as many others.

You might be able to write a script to import heightmaps and create the areas at the same time.  I'm not sure.  We will be doing it all manually also.  However we won't have anywhere near 1000 tiles.  That would be way too big.

I've been attempting to use l3dt to output a mosaic of a relatively small map to test seamless 2.0.  My problem has been that upon import, edges that are on the seams have a 1 meter piece that doesn't match the rest of the map (normally messed up in the y axis.)  I suspect it is my settings for .r16.

Any suggestions from your experience?

Edit:  Since writing this I changed my sections from 512 to 500 and that edge is gone now, can' say I understand why; but I understand that it fixes the problem and can live with that.
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 11, 05:25:25 PM by DragonFist »
Pages: 1 [2]