HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: The Repopulation  (Read 32821 times)

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: The Repopulation
« Reply #30 on: Nov 13, 11, 01:57:20 PM »

I am guessing this is only for high-end machines?

Not at all, we are not doing anything special that is going to make your graphics card explode. Hero is very optimized at this point so you will see good FPS on older systems. Most of the areas in those shots use a substantially lower amount of geometry/textures/drawcalls than Hero Journey.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 11, 02:01:25 PM by Stadi_Thompson »

phobossion

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 11, 08:25:43 AM »

Wow, very nice project you got there guys! I have few similar ideas in my soon to be started MMO concept, seems Hero Engine will cause quite a few sandbox MMORPGs to appear once it is released to public. We can only hope some succeed and bring some new fresh air into the themepark-crowded scene :)
Keep up the good work

jcsmith562

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec 03, 11, 08:05:17 AM »

WIP shot:

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #33 on: Dec 03, 11, 09:20:47 AM »

how do you guys do that fog sort of effect?

jcsmith562

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 11, 10:11:00 AM »

It's a particle.

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 11, 11:06:34 AM »

Hey, I like you screenshots, they look pretty good. They show that in HeroEngine it's possible to create not only functional, but also very well looking game. However there's one thing that's bugging me a little. In one of the screenshots, there were 3 probably NPC characters, but the font used for their names seemed really small and hard to read .. but that might be because of the size of screenshot. Are you using some custom font? Would you mind posting a more close-up picture of some NPC with overhead text? Cause I don't really like the overhead text in the Hero's Journey ... and I'd like to see what you can do with it ... just out of curiosity :)

jcsmith562

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec 03, 11, 11:36:41 AM »

Regarding font size, it's an option setting. I use smaller font sizes personally, but just a matter of preference. You can scale the font though if you prefer larger fonts. We are using a non-standard font I believe. Not 100% on that though, we had a custom one built, then used a licensed one, not sure what we stuck with off hand. I believe in the Hero's Journey reference there is reference code to font scaling the nameplates, but I'm not sure on that.

Here's an example of text scaling, the first in a tiny size and the second in a largerer size. I wanted to have those at the same angle, but unfortunately I was in fly mode and after dropping my character back down to earth the angle changed a bit. Please excuse the up close zoomed images here, but for the purposes of this example they work.
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 11, 12:25:16 PM by jcsmith562 »

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #37 on: Dec 03, 11, 12:31:10 PM »

We asked about the fonts pretty early in development, you can change some of the base styles that are available and if you scale the font it will modify the size appropriately (not sure why that was chosen instead of setting the font size manually, but it just doesn't try to balloon it up making it looking pixelated).
Co-Owner/Programmer - The Repopulation

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #38 on: Dec 03, 11, 02:11:30 PM »

With the labels' "fontface" field, you can specify the name of a font to use, and the scale property to change size.  One caveat, of course, with the gui scale field is that it not only scales the size but also the position.  So if a control is at 10,20 and its scale is doubled, its position will become 20,40.  As such, you generally need to reposition them when done at a different scale.

If you are using a font not likely to be installed on the target computer, be sure to have it loaded in your repository (as a true-type font) and load it into the game when the client starts up.  There is an external function for loading fonts.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

AthlonJedi

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 11, 11:38:50 PM »

I remember when this was started in the TMMOkit! Hey guys , Glad to see you are still Plugging away at it! Looks very nice indeed.

After some time off I have also Migrated our Project here as well. Though we are just getting Started so its gonna be a bit before we have anything to Showoff. Excellent work guys!

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 12, 05:05:28 PM »

New Screenshot

Enlarge Image
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 12, 05:26:22 PM by Stadi_Thompson »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jan 05, 12, 05:14:47 PM »

I swear to all that is holy, if I don't have some videos of awesome dudes running around in this and other environments a few weeks before GDC, I am going to do something drastic!

I was just in your world looking at the dynamiccharacterpart function call problem, and even with the problem, which we are still investigating, I can make awesome looking dudes in tintable awesome gear!

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 12, 05:22:48 PM »

That is the goal.  Hoping to be able to show off the introduction area and a lot more of the Nation controls.

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #43 on: Jan 05, 12, 06:18:21 PM »

This was another shot we used for a new section we put up on the website as well.

Commando

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jan 06, 12, 04:57:04 AM »

Looks better all the time :)

Its good to see what the Hero Engine can do :)
Commando
InvisionLabs
http://www.invisionlabs.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11