HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Kandar: The Eternal Realms  (Read 3135 times)

BigDogGameStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Kandar: The Eternal Realms
« on: Sep 01, 11, 02:05:21 PM »

Kandar: The Eternal Realms is currently in development by Big Dog Game Studios. We are in pre-production at the moment while we work out a few things with the scripting we wish to be done. We are serious about this project, it will be finished. I personally started college to fine tune my 3d graphics design, everyone else has invested a lot of money into new computer equipment. This thread here is basically a placeholder, for now.

Although we do not want to get too in-depth about the new features we plan to bring to the table just yet, I will give a bit of background on how this project started and what we are going to do with it. I myself began production of a 2D single player RPG called Kandar: Legend of the Crystal Sword. Here is a couple of images from that title:

The engine I used at that time was... ok... for the task with a LOT of scripting, but in the end it could not do a lot of the features I wanted. So I started my team with a lot of local talent, and luckily for us we found that Hero Engine was going free to indies!

There is a ton of features planned for this title and most of them have already been worked out. There is a lot of back story that is being drafted (Hopefully soon one of the stories will be picked up by someone we submitted it to!). This game will be heavy in PvE content and a very rich player based economy. PvP will have its day, but we do not plan at balancing the game for PvP, instead PvP will be balanced against the rest of the game.

I promised the others I would not share a lot, and unfortunately the more I keep talking the more I wanna share :) However, my promise to the community is that as soon as we get a feature working in the engine like it is supposed to, we will let you know!
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 11, 03:46:56 PM by HE-Cooper »

shadowfire

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Kandar: The Eternal Realms
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 11, 01:35:53 AM »

just because im bored can i say that looks like the engine RPG Maker XP with some modifications...

joshwebb84

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 11, 07:34:17 PM »

just because im bored can i say that looks like the engine RPG Maker XP with some modifications...

if not mistaken RPM Maker XP had Frontal view Battles.. don't remember though for sure  but to me that looks more like RPG toolkit with a quite a bit of custom coding

shadowfire

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 11, 08:53:04 PM »

you are correct darkone however there were ways to change it and script it for side style combat like in final fantasy 1 instead of being 1st person like dragon warrior 1-4