HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Triad Game Studios  (Read 3521 times)

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Triad Game Studios, LLC.
Triad Game Studios
« on: Sep 01, 11, 03:03:01 PM »

Hello,
I am Sarrene' Grant, and it is a pleasure meeting everyone here. Believe it or not, I am not that good with words, though I can tend to prattle on a wee bit. I got started in game design, primarily graphic and 2d many years ago and it was always a paid hobby for me. Until I had to retire from my real job. Now, for the last.. twelve years, it has become my job. My goal is to make a name for myself outside my family and bring to life a game I have dreamed about for over 30 years now.

About Triad Game Studios...
After the last contract job we did, a few of us decided to make our own game. In 2006 we started working on an unnamed title based loosely off a game I write many years ago. However, in 2008 at the GDC and then the SOE convention, three of us decided to branch off, form our own company and start working on our own game. So, here we are.

We are currently working on a game called Dark Relic which is based on an old D&D module turned full game named, The 6th Aspect. I started writing this back in 1981 (yes, that is not a typo), and was finished in 1992. After many years and many games, we had decided to make this into a pc game. I started (re)working on our GDD back in 2007 and it has continued to grow and expand ever since. It is a living document after all. :)

Though several years of R&D, and testing many engines from basic indie engines such as Realm Crafter Pro,  T3d,  Esenthel and so many in between, both indie and professional. We though the Hero Engine was our best bet. So last years we got started and have been moving forwards ever since.

Our Team...
TGS has a great small team right now with many years of experience in programming, indie and professional game design and a few excellent hobbyists that do some very high quality work. We have experienced GUI (xml) developers, as well as some excellent artists on our team.  We also have a great audio team. I am surprised at how well all of us have done so far for a small team, and how great of a job and dedicated our small team is. It is a learning process for all of us, but they and myself, have taken things in stride and good humor through out.

I am proud of our small team and all that they have done in the last year. I have never lead a team before, though I have worked in the industry in one form or another for several years, this team has been a great help as I learn and grow in this role.  They have also helped me foster a fun and collaborative environment that has taken my game idea and made it "ours".  With great input, ideas and willingness to test and tryout new things. This team has helped create a great story line, and a great world.
I hope I can get a couple of them to post up and introduce themselves as well.

A bit about myself...
I am a graphic artist and love to create.. almost anything. I am not that good, but I do enjoy it. I just never thought of it as my job, nor thought it would ever be my "job". I grew up with computers all my life (yes they had computers in the 60's and 70's) as well as the love to draw.

My first real good piece of art was done as a room size mural that spanned all four walls. It was of a forest with mountains, waterfalls and everything I loved about  U.P Michigan. It even had deer and a few squirrels. It was a big hit in my family and in my community, even had pictures taken and sent from the Carolinas to California. The only problem, was that I was five and the walls were freshly painted by my mother the day before. And the pictures that were sent were to family. Though I got into some trouble for that, and throughout school for drawing, reading or writing stories, I knew this was my escape.

I am 100% self taught, of course, they did not have college courses back then for 3d or game design, let alone much in the way of computer science. I just love to learn and hope I keep learning for many years to come.

Peace,
Sarrene'
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 12, 02:30:07 PM by SarreneGrant »

JGrant

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Triad Game Studios
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 11, 12:53:37 PM »

Hello,
     My name is Jonathan Grant and I am the cowriter for Triad Game Studios.  I started out several years ago building PC's for a small company in Ga. back in the 80's.  I ended up doing communications for the USMC as a radio operator then after reenlistment I switched back to the computer field and became a network Engineer.  I Received an honorable discharge and moved to Michigan where I meet my boss (also know as wife) Sarrene.  I currently work for a company in Al. Doing network and VOIP phone installations. 

I have been an avid gamer for years, ever since I played my first game of Pac-Man. Then I was introduced to FPS by some of my troops before I left service. Finally I was introduced to MMORPG's by Sarrene and have been addicted to them ever since.

I have always been an avid reader and love the lore associated with fantasy. My love of reading I believe has helped me with my writing for Triad Game Studios in setting up some of the histories and story line for our project Dark Relic.  Unfortunately I am about as artistic as a blind monkey so I am no longer allowed to draw but I will leave that with better people like my lovely and talented wife.   

Traid Game studios has a talented group of people that is a pleasure to work with.  Our artistic talents span graphics, Music and programming.  I at times feel a little envious to the pure talent my coworkers show.  We work together well.  As each of us can comment on each others section working through to make each aspect that we work on as perfect a we can get it.  We all know what we want and help each other out to get it just right so we might bring the best into our Project.

Jonathan Grant

Jesse_Valentine

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Relic
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 11, 07:15:24 PM »

Intro:

Hey there! My name is Jesse Valentine and
I am the lead audio tech/composer for Dark Relic.

How I am involved with Dark Relic:

Game Music, Regional Music, Ambient backdrop music, Ambient Sounds, FX audio.

I am the leader for the current audio team and we specialize in composing music and engineering sound FX.
Our goal is to make this games soundtrack far more spectacular than any other game out there,
however, as unique and defined as we can.

Genres/styles:
Orchestra
Oriental
Ethnic
Acoustic
Native
Ambient

Not only am I the leader of the audio team, I am also
the lead composer and song Master/Mixer. Composing
a song is only 50% of the work the rest lies in making
sure the song is completed Mixed and Mastered to its
full quality.

About Me:

Country of birth: Canada
Current location: Kunming, China

I am quite young for a composer being only born 18 years ago, however, my skills and experience
far exceed most of those today. I have been playing piano since I was 6 years old and composing
since I was 10.

When I was 14 I began my epic journey into the electronic world of music. Spending no less that
4 hours everyday for the next 4 years I have achieved many rewards, fans, and support. You could
say music has been the biggest part of my life I can think of.

Dark Relic Music Page:

You can listen to some samples of Dark Relic's music here:
http://darkrelic.com/media-gallery/darkrelic/dark-relic-audio?view=playlist&id=1

Keep in mind though these are only a preview and glimpse
of the future of Dark Relic's massive Soundtrack!
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 11, 07:20:01 PM by Jesse_Valentine »

tristone

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 11, 07:40:09 PM »

hello there, I am Jeremy, I am a content writer for Dark Relic. Currently I am working on item conent, and will be assisting with lore.

I love working with TGS and have been at it for some time with them they are great people, very kind smart and helpful and i owe alot of what i know today to Sarrene in particular.  who has been kind enough to help me through things i have not been sure on as well as teach me so many new things.
i dont believe in second chances, yet someone granted me one anyways...

Chapkom

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 11, 08:35:27 AM »

Hello,  my name is Matthew Chapko.  I just recently joined the Dark Relic team as the Social Media PR Manager.  My primary goal is to introduce the world to Dark Relic and bring them into our world.  Be sure to check out our Facebook page and our Twitter wall for updates on our progress toward bringing Dark Relic to life.

About me: I'm currently living in Flushing, MI.  I have a diverse professional background mostly focusing in technology and the internet.  When I'm not bringing Dark Relic to the world, I work as a freelance technical consultant in Mid Michigan and the thumb region.

I have been writing software since the ripe old age of 10 and have since added many skills to my repertoire including computer troubleshooting and repair, network administration, server administration, and, most recently, social media integration.

I've known Sarrene' and Jon for about eleven years now, but I'm just getting to know the rest of the Dark Relic team.  I'm looking forward to the challenges this new opportunity will bring and hope to see Dark Relic become a success.

TGSRofar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 11, 05:32:50 PM »

I figured I better post here or else Sarrene' will kick me off the team.

I am the lead programmer for Triad Game Studios. My name is Ron but I have gone by the name of Rofar in online communities and games since I played my first MMO way back in the 90s.  So by now, this name has become just another name for me online and offline.

Being the lead programmer, I am the guy that tells all the overly creative members of the team - "NO, that game mechanic cannot be coded!" and then spend the next few hours trying to figure out how to do it anyway.

When I don't have my head in HSL or code in my other job (the paying job), I am usually either banging away on one of my guitars, spending time with my family, or taking in a sporting event.

Ok, back to work for me...
Ron Farrell
Lead Programmer
Triad Game Studios

Xelubest

• General Accounts
  • Robots ftw
    • View Profile
    • Personal Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 11, 09:14:29 AM »

Hello :D
I'm Berbece Nicolae , a 18 y.o graphic artist from Romania , just joined Dark Relic team

I work with both 2D and 3D graphics and i LO-HO-HOVE games! :P  in general...
I'm here to help you guys with Flash banners , trailers , 3D props , suggestions , etc

Also.. I'm an indie game developer , making small flash games.
I'm best known for my run n' dodge game "Kawairun" :D (i'm not super proud of it but it seems to be the most popular) :P

I love to draw\model robots or anything mechanical... i'm verry bad when it comes to organics.
Also i work with movies and music too... (i'm pretty sucky at music but i know how to move and cut a sound) yay... :P

You can see some of my work here >> http://www.xelubest.com

So yeah.. that's pretty much everything about me...  i have no idea what else to say.. sooo cya around :D
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 11, 09:22:58 AM by Xelubest »

Ben_Phillips

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 11, 09:33:07 AM »

Bah I thought I should post myself up here aswell soon or face the wrath of god from somewhere.

My name is Ben and I've recently joined the Triad Team on a PT basis to help with the creation (and mostly at the moment re-writing) of all the lore aspects involved in the game. Although I am a young person amongest a lot of fellow writers as I'm only 23 I have been writing stories since I was as old as I can remember and I've been gaming just aslong.

I've always been an avid gamer and have spent a good majority of my short life already with my head eiter buried in a monitor or TV somewhere. Although I admit that I have no skill or knowledge of actual design processes I do seem to have a way with words.

Anyway, I'm going to go now before I start to prattle on to much!

Sinduja_R

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 11, 05:14:19 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I am Sinduja Rajendra Prasad from India but presently operating from Vancouver,Canada. I have a nickname around my residence though. They call me Puppet. I just joined the TGS team. Being a game freak from my childhood, I am really excited to be a part of the team. Not an artist from childhood but I started having a liking towards animation from the day I started playing DAVE on the computer and developed my skills towards it.

Having a Bachelors degree in Information Technology, I do a bit of programming but not well-versed. I then took up two courses to learn 3d animation on a full swing and since then I became wee bit mad into modeling and rigging, and also do a little bit of animation.

I love to design fantasy 3d characters and futuristic automobiles and always in the process of modeling one. Rigging was a secondary passion but I started enjoying it a lot and tried rigging all that I can rig :)

That's pretty much about me, I am really excited to start working with the TGS team.
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 11, 05:33:23 PM by Sinduja_R »

Paresh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 11, 07:41:29 PM »

Hey there, :D

i am Paresh Sharma. im working as an Animator/Modeler for Dark Relic.

About Me :

I was born and raised in the northern region of India, my passion for art surfaced at a very early age. A computer in the house led to early exposure to computer games and internet, and I fell in love with CGI.  :o

I am a skilled and versatile 3D Animator/modeler with a number of years of combined experience using digital media. I graduated in “Digital Character Animation” from Vancouver Film School. I am continually expanding my multimedia skill set. .

Cheers  :P

Stuart_Summerfield

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 12, 10:35:37 PM »

Hi!

I'm Stuart and 23 years young. I've had a life-long passion for gaming of all varieties. I used to be the kid in the neighborhood where other kids paid me money to beat and unlock all the secret levels and weapons for their copy of Golden Eye 007 for Nintendo 64... Lol! 

Anyways, I got into MMORPGs with Everquest, I thought it was absolutely amazing some of things you could do in that game... like being able to levitate, and play as monster NPCs... haha.  Since Everquest, I've played nearly every major MMORPG that hit the market, as well as several other less known MMORPGS.  Of course, I've played my fair share of online FPS games as well.  Some of the more recent (within the last 6 months) games I've played include Skyrim, Tribes Ascend, Darkfall, Rift, Black Prophecy, and LoL (No I have decided to not try SWTOR, yet anyways).

So yea, that's my very brief gaming history. As far as academics go, I had pretty much no idea what I wanted to do going into college.  So I covered my bases and learned as much as I could and took a variety of classes. I ended up with 2 degrees (engineering & business), and a double major in engineering (Computer Science & Materials Science), and a math minor... Lol!  Now, I work for a software vendor in the healthcare industry developing reports, SQL queries, and other database related programming, and I have been with them for nearly a year now (Cringes at time lost not working with HE & the creative & talented people at Triad).

Outside of gaming & programming you can probably find me at the tennis courts. It's my main non-electronic passion.  I played varsity in High School (flexes giant muscles... jk I'm still a nerd), and currently play in a few different USTA 3.5-4.0 doubles / singles leagues & tournaments. Well there's a bit about me for you, definitely looking forward to the many months ahead.

ScottBatterbee

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 04, 12, 08:14:28 PM »

Hi,

My name is Scott (McclaudEagle), I'm 20 years old and live in the United Kingdom.

I have just recently joined Triad Game Studios and look forward to exercising my skills as a worldspace developer. I do spend a lot of time on my computer, probably more than I should.

Much of my experience in worldspace development stems from modding TES IV: Oblivion, TES V: Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Modding has been a passion of mine ever since I heard of Oblivion, and I've been doing it ever since. I am also a frequent member of The Nexus, as are a few others here.

That pretty much sums it all up :P