HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: World of Eden Online  (Read 25109 times)

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
World of Eden Online
« on: Sep 01, 11, 05:01:51 PM »

Genre: Fantasy/Sci-fi Strategical Conquest RPG
Estimated Launch Date: TBA
Website: http://www.carbonstudios.net/ (a website update is currently in development)
Youtube Channel: World of Eden Online Official Youtube Channel
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WorldOfEden

Prologue

During an archaeological dig in the African jungle, man discovered an underground facility. This opening of the facility triggered the facility to power up which caused a homing beacon to resonate from the facility. In defense of this event, man started building a fail safe space ship project called Project Eden. Over a 6 year period this extremely advanced deep space colony vessel was created to preserve man kind as a species. This ship was equipped with the most advanced technology that earth could offer which included but is not limited to: On-board Cloning Facilities, Mass Robotic Production & Robotic Assembly Plant, Stellar Mapping & Cartography, Robotic Research Facility, Aircraft Carrier Functionality, Advanced Stealth Technology, City Decks, and Robotic Space Construction. The ship also contains genetic data for every known plant and animal from earth.

This ship was launched as an international action to preserve man. Earth lost communication with the Project Eden Colony Ship as it left the solar system. The destination for this ship is an outer solar system in the Andromeda Galaxy.

Earth is under siege by a hostile alien race called the Ailurians. This race traveled to earth to investigate a homing beacon that was triggered 15 years prior. It does not take long for the Ailurians to destroy the billions of people on earth. After all the Ailurians were far more advanced is both weapon technology and defense technology.

For 20 Million years (0.125 Light Years per year), the ship drifted in space while being maintained by robotic systems.

20 Million Years Later...

As the ship approaches the solar system, the sensors on the ship detect that there is life on the 5th planet from the sun. The sun is much hotter then the sun in Earths home system Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy. The ship situated in orbit with the planet, manufactured satellites and launched them into orbit to get further scans of the planet. After weeks of running scans and tests, the ship determined that the planet is habitable for human life.

Next, the ship manufactured and deployed unmanned aerial vehicles to further study the structures on the planet. Over the next few weeks a Policing Guild called the Guardians sets up various police states on the planet and set up a Transportation rote to and from the planet to allow Colonists to form/join guilds and seize control of this wild jungle planet.

Welcome to the World of Eden

World of Eden Game Summary

Free to Download and Free to Play
World of Eden Online is going to be Free to Download and Free to Play however there is a diverse Micro-Transaction style system for income generation.

Action RPG Character Controller
World of Eden Online uses a 3RD Person Action RPG Character controller. (Similar to games like Tomb Raider or Assassin's Creed)

Guild Centric Mechanics
World of Eden Online is based strongly around guild centric systems where the guild system is actually the central focus of the game.

Guild Controlled Territory VIA Seamless Linked RTS Style Mapping Grid
World of Eden Online allows guilds to place Territory Control Units in the game world to control territory.

Guild Defined Job System VIA Command Centers in Controlled Territories
Guilds have a system that allows them to allocate jobs to guild members which System Defined Experience Points much like a quest would do in a different MMO.

Dynamic Character Creation
World of Eden Online takes advantage of Dynamic Character Creation as well as FaceFX technology to maximize the experience for the End User.

Dynamic Character Re-Creation
You can Re-Design your character's looks any time your character is reborn.
You can Re-Allocate GMAPs any time your character is reborn.

Player Controlled Economy
Nearly all the items in the game are created by the players by using versatile crafting systems.

More details to come as we reach a more complete state, Thank You.

All Rights Reserved by Carbon Studios LLC 2011-2012

All the work you see below on this post is finalized work. Any other screen shots, renders, concepts that we post anywhere else in this topic are all work in progress and should be taken as such.

We are working on 3D previews of the game's meshes that are optimized to be light weight for forums using http://p3d.in/
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 13, 11:56:50 PM by WoE-Byron »

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
Re: World of Eden Online
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 11, 04:41:32 PM »

All content from this post has been removed.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 12, 12:32:45 PM by WoE-Byron »

Nocturnus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 11, 04:47:42 PM »

Looks nice Byron. I noticed you guys have a "weight" limit. I find that interesting, you don't see that much these days. I personally have always liked that in games.
I also like that it's nice and clean and simple. That was always one of my gripes about WoW, too many stats to keep track of.

Thanks for sharing!

Michael

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 11, 04:52:18 PM »

Looks nice Byron. I noticed you guys have a "weight" limit. I find that interesting, you don't see that much these days. I personally have always liked that in games.
I also like that it's nice and clean and simple. That was always one of my gripes about WoW, too many stats to keep track of.

Thanks for sharing!

Michael

We have one huge rule that we follow and that is K.I.S.S. (Keep It Stupidly Simple). Thank you for the comment, as you probably notice that we also have stamina (Like seen in Diablo/Diablo 2).

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 11, 09:22:34 PM »

We have been working very hard at fleshing out the game UI and getting everything working on the back end with relation to the UI. Please check back as I update the post above, as I will be adding Work In Progress images to that post on a regular basis.

Nocturnus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 11, 09:36:09 PM »

Looks like it's really starting to come together for you. Are the tabs working now?

Town management eh? nice. :-)

I'd be interested in hearing about any pitfalls you come across in the gui. I'll be putting focus into that for our game very soon. I'm not asking for any long tutorials or explanations on how to do things, just any "keep in mind" kind of things. I've found in my life that knowing what NOT to do is often more useful than knowing exactly what to do.

Thanks again for sharing, looks like you guys are making huge progress.

Michael

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 11, 09:41:07 PM »

There is a lot of things going on behind the scenes that cannot be easily shown in screenshots.

Yeah, we have a fully functional player owned town system that also has been able to work around many of the issues that Cooper mentioned. We have our busy and slow periods as we are trying to overcome blocks. (not just with hero engine but our game design)

We want to make sure that the UI is all easy to use.
We want to make sure that there is balance in the game between new players and old players.

These are things that are constantly being addressed as we get more of the game together.

Many of the UI elements that you may see in some of these interfaces I show are disabled unless you have the proper permissions in a guild.

Our game is a game that is made by gamers.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 11, 06:40:24 PM »

Our Musician's latest demo reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIt34eFBpfE

OuterNet

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 11, 01:48:27 AM »

GUI looks amazing, and the music is wonderfully peaceful.  I could easily slip into a meditation with that kind of music!!  :)
AKA:  SpiritWebb on other forums!
Project:  OuterNet * Virtual Worlds

http://www.facebook.com/OuterNet.VirtualWorlds
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tadrensel

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 11, 07:46:54 PM »

We have a very good musician :)

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 11, 02:28:38 PM »

Over the last couple of days we have been test piloting our new website for the studio. It is still a work in progress.
We still have not skinned the site.

Carbon Studios Official Website.
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 11, 04:00:34 PM by WoE-Byron »

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 11, 10:53:10 AM »

Our new website is actually going to be changing hosts. We are having issues with the security on our current website host so we shut down the VPS that we were using. We are going to be changing to a new VPS that is fully managed and has a full security team to assist when/if the site is ever under Brute Force and/or Denial of Service attack.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 11, 08:47:43 AM »

We have been dealing with staffing issues the past couple of months however this will soon be resolved as we are conducting interviews for new team members as we speak. Once HeroEngine has the FBX Importing system, we will be able to address our art team staffing issues as well. Even with the staffing issues, progress has been continuing. We now have: 1 Project Director, 1 Technical Director, 1 Musician, 1 Sound Effects Composer, 1 Programmer, and 1 Static Mesh Artist (Maya/Zbrush/XNormals/CrazyBump). We are working on getting many more devs however this does take time as our team operates on a Income Share structure for our developers. Some of the systems we want to do are waiting on updates from the HeroEngine team however this does not stop our project. Development has been slightly slowed as we can not completely address our staffing issues until things like the FBX Importer are released (which is under development by the HeroEngine Team). We appreciate the patience of the community in this matter and we look forward to showing you some very good stuff from our project in the future to come. Please keep an eye on our forum thread here as when we do start releasing our work it will impress you all. We have been working on some UI Graphics work outside the engine that will drastically improve the UI from our initial test designs that we displayed earlier in this thread so stay tuned. Thank you and have a Happy Halloween Season!

Update: As of today, we are parking the studio website onto a free website host until we decide where we are going to take up final residence for both our domain names. The studio site should be back online within 24 hours however the game's site is still going to be down till we find a perm home for our domains. We are looking at a few Managed VPS Hosts currently however we have not decided which one we will be going with yet.
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 11, 11:35:41 AM by WoE-Byron »

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #13 on: Oct 23, 11, 03:44:49 PM »

http://x10vps.com/

Who we use for our website.  If you have any experience with their free offering I would ignore that.  Been very solid so far.  Haven't had to use support yet though.  Have hunted around a lot myself and finally seem to be happy with them.
Co-Owner/Programmer - The Repopulation

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 11, 04:48:00 PM »

We are planning to use a Managed VPS: VPS Latch - Managed VPS Hosting where as X10 VPS is unmanaged VPS Hosting. Yes its lower cost but you also need a really good Linux tech if you are ever being DDOS or Brute-forced. With a managed VPS, they provide full tech support for these situations at no extra charge, 24/7/365. The peace of mind is worth the extra cost for myself and my company. :)
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 11, 04:51:26 PM by WoE-Byron »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6