HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: World of Eden Online  (Read 28490 times)

DNA_klownicus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Voodoo Games
Re: World of Eden Online
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 12, 04:56:42 PM »

with cute nicknames to match

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 12, 04:59:35 PM »

Developers who have adopted the WoE tag on our project have decided that they are committed to this project forever thus showing the community they are committed.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 12, 07:20:46 PM »

Updated first post on this thread. (click here to view the update)

We have completely rewritten the first post on this thread as there has been design changes since we started implementing the systems. We appreciate the community support and feedback over the past few months as it has helped us improve our design and story as well as the game mechanics.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 12, 08:32:18 PM »

While the tense switching and verb agreement are battling me the most ferociously, in the new description I cannot help but be skeptical of 20 million years. 20 million years, one race survives on a ship? 20 million years? :-)

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 12, 08:34:19 PM »

While the tense switching and verb agreement are battling me the most ferociously, in the new description I cannot help but be skeptical of 20 million years. 20 million years, one race survives on a ship? 20 million years? :-)

As I said, there is no people on the ship till after it arrives at Eden. :)

Plus the 20 Million years is based on the calculations on time and distance based on speed from Point A to Point B. This is a realistic time based on the speed/distance being traveled.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 12, 08:45:45 PM by WoE-Byron »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 12, 08:41:27 PM »

Wait, there's only one ship? I thought there were two ships? That might be grammatically the most confusing 4 paragraphs I've ever read, but maybe I'm just getting old. :-)

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 12, 08:47:08 PM »

Wait, there's only one ship? I thought there were two ships? That might be grammatically the most confusing 4 paragraphs I've ever read, but maybe I'm just getting old. :-)

I know you are picking on my Grammar and your welcome to do so however there is only one ship and there is no passengers on the ship. The ship is completely robotic controlled & maintained.

Edit: Cooper: We will try and clean up the grammar some, Thank you for the feedback.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 12, 08:52:01 PM by WoE-Byron »

quakkeldackel

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jan 30, 12, 01:56:41 AM »

I like the concept !
2 things are there which tickle me.
First: The alien which sieged earth arrived 15 years after the homing bacon fired. How did they get there so fast, Iīm not quite sure but wouldnīt we be able to see their planet if they where only so far away (sorry if im making an idiot out of myself right now ^^)
Second thing, which is just a small concept adjustment:
You can make the obelisk telporters. The cloning system is kind of redundant, as it exists on the ship, and on the planet surface (as far as is get it). If you make the obelisk a power source and a telporter (obelisk<->obelisk) you can put all the cloning into the ship and give them another obelisk onboard (for research i.e.) they can use this one to dispatch the clones to any other obelisk on the planet surface.
regards!

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #38 on: Jan 30, 12, 04:09:03 AM »

The obelisk and shrines were not made by man, nor do they even understand the technology. The colonists found a reproducible implant in an alien skeleton. The systems on the ship were linked to world computer so players will not be visiting the ship until later expansions.

The aliens that attacked earth had faster then light technology.

Also because of what the obelisks represent, there will be no teleporting to them since they are used for controlling territory. Everything is actually planned very solid so there is not much room to fit your suggestions into the game mechanic plan.

We adapted the story to better suit the gameplay plan. More adaptations like this may be necessary before we achieve a final product.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 12, 04:13:55 AM by WoE-Byron »

quakkeldackel

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jan 30, 12, 05:14:33 AM »

The obelisk and shrines were not made by man, nor do they even understand the technology. The colonists found a reproducible implant in an alien skeleton. The systems on the ship were linked to world computer so players will not be visiting the ship until later expansions.
[..]
Also because of what the obelisks represent, there will be no teleporting to them since they are used for controlling territory.
Ahh ok got. Just to make my point clear, I didnīt mean they visit the ship, just thought of a character creation screen in a ship room and after this the player got teleportet to any obelisk he wants. (on the surface)

Everything is actually planned very solid so there is not much room to fit your suggestions into the game mechanic plan.
Thats ok and the right way, wasnīt trying to dust gameplay features into your design doc, it was just a point which was not fully clear to me.

WoE-Anthony

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jan 30, 12, 05:23:44 AM »

LOL my nickname has been my own for 25 years deathnvraccepts old son LOL. I will hopefully (weather permitting) be able to upload the preview of the finished obelisk by Wed Western Australian time...... My nickname is and was derived for my speedy attendance in an Engineering Surveyors capacity...which I am still highly sought after..hence the 'bullet' title.

Cooper you are a Cad LOL...dig your style mate.

cheers bullet
We are coming at ya!

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #41 on: Jan 30, 12, 05:29:18 AM »

[..]
Also because of what the obelisks represent, there will be no teleporting to them since they are used for controlling territory.
Ahh ok got. Just to make my point clear, I didnīt mean they visit the ship, just thought of a character creation screen in a ship room and after this the player got teleportet to any obelisk he wants. (on the surface)

Everything is actually planned very solid so there is not much room to fit your suggestions into the game mechanic plan.
Thats ok and the right way, wasnīt trying to dust gameplay features into your design doc, it was just a point which was not fully clear to me.

Not a problem, I also wanted to make clear that we have solid goals and our project is not and will not suffer from scope creep. We know where we want to go and we know what we need to do to get there. Our only hurdle is time as we are a completely volunteer team that does this project on the side of our normal day jobs. We have developers from all corners of the planet working internationally to make this project come to life.

Thank you for your interest and conversation as this is always welcome in our project.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 12, 05:32:15 AM by WoE-Byron »

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #42 on: Jan 31, 12, 07:26:25 AM »

http://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,759.msg3437.html#msg3437
Update - Added a render of the textured obelisk

We still have not completed the lettering yet as we have not decided how we are going to be doing it however the lettering will be done when we go to beta.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #43 on: Mar 14, 12, 12:49:55 PM »

Are the images on the first post loading for everyone?
They are loading for me but I am getting messages from people saying they are not loading.
Can someone please confirm?
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 12, 12:53:18 PM by WoE-Byron »

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Mar 14, 12, 02:34:23 PM »

Are the images on the first post loading for everyone?
They are loading for me but I am getting messages from people saying they are not loading.
Can someone please confirm?

I see a few of them.  Obelisk & Shrine I think (only glanced).  3 pics in all, using Firefox.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6