HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: World of Eden Online  (Read 30772 times)

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
Re: World of Eden Online
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 11, 12:23:01 AM »

Due to training new staff how to use the engine as well as a massive team reform, our next update to the community has been delayed. We were hoping to have our next game play video posted by now however due to staffing issues, this has been delayed. As we mentioned in our recruiting post, we have been looking for artists for our project.

In our next video, we are going to have:

Camera and Controls, Environment Demonstration, Options Menu, Communication Systems Demonstration.

We are still using a lot of default 3D assets since we only have a single 3D Artist at the current moment.

If your interested in joining us, visit our recruiting post: Carbon Studios Recruitment Post

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #16 on: Dec 06, 11, 06:28:19 AM »

We have updated the story on the first post in order to give people a better idea of the setting in our game. We are still looking to fill our artist team in order to make this game reach a completed state in a timely manner.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 11, 10:05:14 PM »

We have decided to wait on doing our UI now until ScaleForm releases in Feb/March. We are going to continue working on back end core mechanics. We have been making good progress at redesigning the character controller systems as well as getting data replication in place for the core attribute and skill mechanics.

Cooper: Thank you for confirming the upcoming release of ScaleForm, we have been waiting for this news so we could plan appropriately. Will you guys be adding the MMO Kit and Menu Kit as example implementations so that we can learn from it?

Also, will the implementation be using action script or hero script?

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 11, 11:16:08 PM »

We just had a very very good concept/illustration artist ( BÍlit Rivers ) join our team.
Interviewing 2 others at the moment.

Some of his previous work: Illustration Example | Concept Example
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 11, 12:52:30 AM by WoE-Byron »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 11, 07:08:26 AM »

Byron, I've already made it clear that we will not be adding any additional packages, and that Scaleform works by creating assets in Flash (you'll need a license to flash cs5) then you wire the exported files as assets with hooks into the engine. Please stop making me answer the same questions over and over again.

How about for every new screenshot you show that doesn't use our art, I will answer a question an additional time. Deal?

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 11, 07:16:27 AM »

I had noticed yesterday that you had answered it already. I am sorry that I must have misread your answer previously, my sincere apologies.

Thank you for clarifying that "Scaleform works by creating assets in Flash (you'll need a license to flash cs5) then you wire the exported files as assets with hooks"

As for screen shots, we will not posting any screen shots that use HeroEngine assets. We will even be custom designing our own trees using SpeedTree 6.0 + SpeedTree Modeler.

In the mean time, we have been working on strengthening our artist team so that we can increase our productivity.
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 11, 07:19:47 AM by WoE-Byron »

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #21 on: Jan 17, 12, 08:02:45 PM »

Hello everyone, its been awhile since we have had an actual update.

We have started getting work for the artist team,

This post will be showing you the Territory Control Obelisk:

When a guild is trying to control a City State, they do so by controlling these Obelisks.

We will do an update to this post once we start having 3D renders of the Obelisk.
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 12, 03:14:52 AM by WoE-Byron »

Bonkahe

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 12, 12:42:41 PM »

When a guild is trying to control a City State, they do so by controlling these Obelisks.

We will do an update to this post once we start having 3D renders of the Obelisk.

Just a heads up to your modeling department, you can do all the details on the sides on a normal map, no reason to have all those extra polys.

quakkeldackel

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 12, 01:40:12 PM »

Looks great, reminds me somehow of stargate =)
I would try to keep the texture a bit more "clear". As it is in the sketch, a nearly solid color and maybe try to seperate the pillar in the middle from the frame around it (by a different texture).

looking foreward to see more artwork.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 12, 03:59:04 PM »

Looks great, reminds me somehow of stargate =)
I would try to keep the texture a bit more "clear". As it is in the sketch, a nearly solid color and maybe try to seperate the pillar in the middle from the frame around it (by a different texture).

looking foreward to see more artwork.

The renders will be updated as we complete the asset.
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 12, 04:00:36 PM by WoE-Byron »

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #25 on: Jan 25, 12, 04:00:03 PM »

Just a heads up to your modeling department, you can do all the details on the sides on a normal map, no reason to have all those extra polys.

We are aware. :)

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 12, 04:04:00 AM »

We have a final version of the obelisk coming in a few days.

WoE-Anthony

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jan 28, 12, 09:49:34 PM »

Thanks guys.....the model is still low poly...I can clean it even more. I preferred to use poly's in this case for clarity of the edges...I dont think normal maps would provide this. The texture was only a test to see what it would look like with the base image I had picked.

The obelisk will have various colour variants for Byron to choose the best them. I like the dark look and yes it does give Stargate look....I think (opinions from friends) the general consensus was the darker hue gave it an imposing look. This I think is what we need to achieve, to give it an ominous look...something surreal and an inanamite object with a sense of presence.

I am currently still sorting out the UV mapping...this will be completed very shortly, then Byron and myself will mull over the textures.

cheers bullet
We are coming at ya!

WoE-Anthony

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jan 28, 12, 09:54:31 PM »

I will also add that anyone willing to join the art team would be a boon in the least for myself. We would like to get this game up and running as soon as we can..........anyone willing to have a crack with me...please contact Byron and arrange an interview. The more we have at our disposal the quicker we can get this game on the road.

cheers bullet
We are coming at ya!

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #29 on: Jan 29, 12, 03:45:23 PM »

As you can see, our team is passionate about this game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6