HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Mythic Xen Studios  (Read 1730 times)

CaSpivey

• General Accounts
  • Programmer
    • View Profile
Mythic Xen Studios
« on: Sep 07, 11, 12:13:41 PM »

Hello HeroEngine Users,
My name is Charles Spivey (AKA Hirosaki) and me and my colleges form the game development team of Mythic Xen Studios LLC, We are all students at UAT studying various things my forte being Game Programming. I currently work in a Data Center as a Network Operations Center Technician, but of course my true goal is to be a game programmer. Our company is still in the startup phases so development is currently slow as we are all getting used to Hero Engine. Previous experience with many engines including BigWorld Indie, I am learning quickly.

Mythic Xen Studios:
A new company formed by the current team after work on a project together that went over really well. We are looking for help for sure but we look for specific qualities in the people we work with to insure that nothing interrupts our teamís dynamic nature.

Our team currently consists of:
Myself - Charles Spivey - Programming
Tristan - Producer/Community management
Mike - Sound/Music Developer
Jordan - Level Designer

We currently do not have any artists as we get our models third party through our own money. We are not funded everything we do is of our own finances. I greatly appreciate the contributions of everyone in the team and we make no judgments on contributions or lack thereof. We enjoy working on the game and we keep a relaxed environment and good humor to keep stress levels down and productivity up.

What we are working on:
Our project Antresnia Online is a fantasy medieval style MMO we will innovate on some of the more bland features of MMO games like grinding and make it fun. We will put twists on age old concepts in order to give it a new spin and make it more entertaining for the player. The idea and its concepts have been solidified and through testing all of our features and more are possible within the Hero Engine. We will elaborate more on the game in the game section.

Links:
http://antresnia.com
http://antresnia.com/forum/
http://www.facebook.com/antresnia

All in all we are a new entity in game development and plan to be a lasting entity. We will make a game that will engage the player and build a great community, and we will succeed failure is no option here. If you are interested in joining the team please shoot me an email and I will get with you about an interview and getting you setup in our internal systems.

Thank you for checking us out and look for more updates from us soon! We will be done working through tutorials very soon!

SPayne

• General Accounts
  • The 5th Realm MMORPG
    • View Profile
    • The 5th Realm MMORPG
Re: Mythic Xen Studios
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 11, 10:39:45 PM »

Sounds like you've got the ball rolling on this, congrats!

Is there a link where I can see what the game is about?
I see it all in my mind.

mnesbit

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 11, 11:33:15 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike Nesbit, and I am part of the team at Mythic Xen Studios.  I am currently studying Network Security at UAT online, but I like to do different things as well.  Most of my current jobs are freelancing various things.  This could be web design to repairing computers, but the important thing is that I learn as I go and gain more knowledge in various fields.  It's been a fun ride and I hope to continue learning and this new project is going to turn out amazing.  I can feel it. 

Mythic Xen Studios:

Life is pretty crazy and I never thought I'd have an opportunity like this.  Meeting Charlie, Jordan, and Tristan has been a great experience.  We all get along well and just have a certain chemistry that really works.  To say excitement levels are hitting the ceiling is an understatement.  That is why we decided to group together to work on this fascinating new MMO that Charlie has outlined from years of careful and creative thoughts.  I really feel our studio is going to create something people are going to want... something different. 

I will be working a lot on the music and sound designs of Antresnia.  I am a huge music fan and listen to various bands of rock and metal, but also love great piano and orchestrated tunes.  And of course, I'm a gamer, so I have quite a few video game soundtracks that have inspired me to want to create that epic music that really brings a game to life.  I can't wait to come up with some tunes for Antresnia as I plan to go a different route than the typical MMOs and not just be ambient, but make you feel it.  You should feel music. 

Charlie already listed our links and I hope people check it out.  This will be a big project, but we are all in it for the long haul.  Keep an eye on us as I do have a feeling this is going to be something talked about when it nears completion.  The good thing about us is that we have a great opportunity here for Antresnia utilizing the Hero Engine, but we are all gamers and we know what needs to be done, what needs to be changed, and what would be fun to play.  Different and ambitious. 

Thank you all. 

CaSpivey

• General Accounts
  • Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 11, 12:29:08 AM »

Sounds like you've got the ball rolling on this, congrats!

Is there a link where I can see what the game is about?

Thank you for the support, but sadly we are still getting everything converted and out from under the old name. I am working on a post here in the projects section that will go into much more detail once we get the documentation converted from the old project to avoid confusion on naming and concepts. We a working diligently to get the information up on the website and here so that everyone can see what we are about.

jdoggett

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 11, 09:50:39 AM »

My name is Jordan Doggett and I am the Lead Level Designer at Mythic Xen Studios. I have wanted to work on a project like this for quite some time but had never met the right people. Luckily last month I did and I am truly excited about this project. We have a lot of work ahead of us but I know that we are creating something that will make it all worth it in the end. Both Charles and Mike covered most of the bases in regards to the game so I wont bother repeating what they said but this is a very exciting project. I am also very excited to be working with the Hero Engine. It seems fantastic and ideal for creating our vision of Antresina Online. I hope that you all will check it out and we will have more info and screens up soon.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 11, 09:52:19 AM by jdoggett »