HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Ed War from IONG  (Read 1314 times)

SPayne

• General Accounts
  • The 5th Realm MMORPG
    • View Profile
    • The 5th Realm MMORPG
Ed War from IONG
« on: Sep 07, 11, 02:36:42 PM »

Hello all, I'll try to make this short.  I go by Ed War online and sometimes in real life, I got it from my middle name "Edward", I just thought it sounded cool.

"IONG" is the acronym for Interactive Online Network Gaming but I may change it.

I had made plenty of DN3D maps back in the day that were published in add-on packs and also mapped out a few nice Counter Strike levels.  I was and am now really into level design and architecture as well as whole game design.  I also created some mock-ups at one point to at least have something to show and ask for help (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMV4y52CzfQ).  Since I work in a pizza shop and make very little I decided to try taking some initiative and turned 3 of my future mission stories into a book of short stories to try to help fund my efforts (http://www.amazon.com/Stories-from-the-Realms-ebook/dp/B005HE7RJQ).  Please buy it and "like" it on Amazon and tell your friends and family too so I can eventually have enough to get Max and/or Maya.

Anyway, about 7 years ago, I got a little ticked off at some drama going down in the very first MMORPG that I was truly into.  I thought I could do better so I started designing an MMORPG.  Later on I enrolled in Westwood to go get a BS in Game Art and Design.  During that time I came up with a Game Design Document, that was about 188 pages and is now roughly 430 pages, to describe my game The 5th Realm.

While I was at Westwood, one of my classes had an optional meeting in Second Life to chat about gaming and it was there that I met my good coder friend Jeffrey.  Jeff is a professional programmer and has helped me out with things more than once.

For the past couple of years we have been going back and forth on which game engine to make a demo with but nothing that truly panned out for what I was trying to accomplish in the long run.  I ran into HE in one of my many searches one day and the rest is history.
I see it all in my mind.