HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Second Chance Education  (Read 1614 times)

BigDogGameStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Second Chance Education
« on: Sep 10, 11, 01:23:33 AM »

Ok, first I would like to ask that if you are not serious, or still in High School or lower, please do not respond to this thread.

For those of you who are lucky enough not to really know me, my name is Eric. I am 34 years old, the father of 4, and I am officially a college student at Full Sail University. For the past few weeks I have been attending school, and for the first time in my life I am a 4.0 GPA student. My major is Game Art for my Bachelor of Science Degree, which is 3D graphics design specifically for games.

The actual reason for this post is that I am now working with Full Sail University to help jump start second chance education. In my experience, I have found that people who have not went to college but really wanted to are not doing so because life seemed to smack them down for some reason.

Those reasons may include (but not limited to): Getting married or having children at an early age, having a rough time as a kid and growing up on the streets but now have gotten their life in order as they got older, perhaps an addiction problem that really messed up part of their life and now they are sober and trying to rebuild. The list goes on and on.

Whatever the reason though, college is not out of reach. You can still hold down a full time job and go to school without it really hurting you to do so. That is the beauty of online college. It is STILL a degree from the university! Your degree would not say “Full Sail University Online”, It would say “Full Sail University”. When you are done with your courses, you even have the opportunity to fly out to Florida and attend the graduation ceremony.

I am posting this to encourage, and help, people get that college program started. It is never too late to do so. If you would like to check it out, just go to:

http://www.fullsail.edu/

Check out their programs and their online courses! If you need help in applying for grants or student loans, I can help with that, and so can they. You would be surprised how you feel if you apply and get accepted. FSU is considered the “Harvard” of entertainment schools. They have programs for games, music, tv, and movies.

Please, if you have any questions, ask them here or email me:

ericphillips@bigdoggamestudios.com

DegAnderson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Second Chance Education
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 11, 08:33:35 AM »

Congratulations Eric for realising this huge change in your life, I salute you! :) I am 40 years old myself and am also studying here in the UK at the open university, albeit psychology. I know how it feels to get the brain working again.

Kind Regards,
Deg

BigDogGameStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Second Chance Education
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 11, 12:52:41 PM »

Congratulations Eric for realising this huge change in your life, I salute you! :) I am 40 years old myself and am also studying here in the UK at the open university, albeit psychology. I know how it feels to get the brain working again.

Kind Regards,
Deg

Thank you! Ya.. as great as I feel about it, I know a lot of people who are scared to go. Working with FSU to try and help others perhaps find their dreams makes me feel good too! :)