HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Logo..  (Read 3991 times)

BigDogGameStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Logo..
« on: Sep 12, 11, 07:48:48 AM »

So, I was bored at 5 this morning (Ya I know not even god is up at 5, but we can thank whoever tried to break into my neighbors car and set off the alarm) and I decided to tinker around and try new things for designing my game logo. Here is both the old and new logos (in order).. and I'd like criticism please! :)

Old Logo

New Logo

New Logo 2
Ok, Here is another one I did this morning... trying to add more to the scene.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 11, 08:35:21 AM by BigDogGameStudios »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Logo..
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 11, 08:34:46 AM »

Both are very well done.
The first one is certainly very blue.  It was good on the second to move the text down, as it was lost against the background in the first one, especially the "The Eternal Realms" part.

That being said, the second is still very monochrome looking.  I suppose for a logo you don't necessarily want to go too colorful, but a few key accents could make it pop more; as it is, it is a little washed-out looking.  And it could use some details, like the tribal looking thingy of the first.

But take all of this with a grain of salt; I'm just a code geek, not an artist. :D
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

BigDogGameStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 11, 08:39:09 AM »

Thanks for the input! I updated the original post with a 3rd logo. I wanted to get more into the scene, and since the game touches on both dragons and fairies...........

I agree with the "very blue" part of the first logo. In all honesty it was my first attempt at art inside of photoshop. My skills have improved since ;)

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 11, 11:36:52 AM »

Looking sweet, I think you're on to something.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

phantomhood

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 11, 02:36:45 PM »

I like the first one best :p just move the text.

Ivendar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 11, 02:49:20 AM »

Well I guess for the third that Ciruelo Cabral would have his work copyrighted and this might be an issue for you, but I think the first one does look best either. But try to remove the sword, should be much better without.

If you're going to use the third however maybe ask Ciruelo before, if it's ok. He allows to show art at other homepages for sure if you tell Copyrights and set a link.

http://zone.wallpaper.free.fr/picture.php?/5866/category/7
http://www.dac-editions.com

Cheers

BigDogGameStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 11, 11:35:22 AM »

Well I guess for the third that Ciruelo Cabral would have his work copyrighted and this might be an issue for you, but I think the first one does look best either. But try to remove the sword, should be much better without.

If you're going to use the third however maybe ask Ciruelo before, if it's ok. He allows to show art at other homepages for sure if you tell Copyrights and set a link.

http://zone.wallpaper.free.fr/picture.php?/5866/category/7
http://www.dac-editions.com

Cheers

Yes, the copyright issue is known and he has already been sent a request :)  The logos are concept only at this stage but I am trying to cover my bases! Thanks for the catch though in case I didn't know!

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 11, 05:47:59 PM »

first one , and move the text down, looks good. this probably should be moved to general discussion :).