HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Server Suggestions  (Read 2516 times)

CaSpivey

• General Accounts
  • Programmer
    • View Profile
Server Suggestions
« on: Sep 24, 11, 07:58:29 PM »

I have some servers that I was planning to use for the game, but seeing as how HeroCloud is so awesome I don't need to use them any more. However I am curious as to how I can make money off these servers to get some help with the project. Anyone have any ideas? They are not super high end servers but they are decent so they could handle running some heavy applications. They are on a 100MB Full connection so its got 100Mb download and roughly 70Mb upload speeds on speedtest.net thanks to my job.

Any suggestions are greatly appricated, Thanks

BigDogGameStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Server Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 11, 12:39:07 PM »

I have some servers that I was planning to use for the game, but seeing as how HeroCloud is so awesome I don't need to use them any more. However I am curious as to how I can make money off these servers to get some help with the project. Anyone have any ideas? They are not super high end servers but they are decent so they could handle running some heavy applications. They are on a 100MB Full connection so its got 100Mb download and roughly 70Mb upload speeds on speedtest.net thanks to my job.

Any suggestions are greatly appricated, Thanks

What exactly are you wanting to do with them? (I am not sure how many you are referring to). There are always communities out there who host game servers for specific games that you could volunteer to help with. Perhaps you could use them for your own personal benefits as media servers, file storage, etc... across your network.

CaSpivey

• General Accounts
  • Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 11, 03:19:05 PM »

Well its just 2 servers and a SAN so its not a whole lot but I have decided to do something along the lines of what you suggested  by offering minecraft server hosting since minecraft is becoming so popular, I am looking at possibly using 1 server to host the MC servers and 1 server to host a bundled VoIP server like TeamSpeak or Mumble on with the server. Still in the works but I have it mostly setup. Ill post a link when its done, since I have free Colo its nothing but profit towards our game which is great.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 11, 07:58:53 AM »

Have you tried looking at Delimiter VPS Services. My team hosts a minecraft server as well as our own webhosting system and a dedicated ventrillo server on it with ease. They also offer Unmetered Bandwidth which is very nice and a rare thing to come across these days.

CaSpivey

• General Accounts
  • Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 11, 10:11:29 AM »

well that's actually whats really nice about the colo hosting I have at work, I am on unmetered bandwidth and i average about 80mb down and 20mb up on the connection because I share it with out test servers at work. I want to start a hosting service, minecraft will be my first product but hopefully if it gets really popular i can add other services as well, I am hoping that this will fund a great deal of our game endeavors