HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: MOR's Project.  (Read 1830 times)

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
MOR's Project.
« on: Sep 27, 11, 02:27:08 PM »

I had an interesting idea as I lay in bed. What about a social game or MMO that takes place in high school?

Goals would be learning skills needed to survive the life of Acadamia while on the side you're a super hero. On an online game that is! It could be something like the Last Star Fighter where an "average" guy is recruited by a galactic fleet because he's really good at piloting a ship in an arcade game. Except in this case it's a group of super heroes. Sorta got a few ideas. Right now the graphic novel "The Pro" is buzzing through my head. Would be interesting to write something in that universe. Can't get the rights to it, so never mind.

Characters will all be chibi perhaps?

Anyway, repetitive but necessary tasks like studying or doing math or doing experiments in science class or doing pushups in phys ed are needed. It will be like Ultima Online except you don't need to be Grandmaster for items to be worth something that you build. And skills gains will be 1.0 rather than .1 every seventy years or however long it takes to build skill in that game.

The better your skills the better your grades.

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
Re: MOR's Project.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 11, 07:29:13 AM »

Is it silly to use martians in an MMO?

mproducer

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Suspicious-Activity
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 11, 03:34:31 PM »

In the late 80', early 90's I was a fan of the indie comic book Ninja High School, where they had ninja's, robots, super hero's, mechs, tech, and aliens.

John Nelson
Suspicious-Activity
Developer of "Galaxy of DOOM"

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 11, 01:59:02 PM »

Currently I am working with a friend on a new project. It's an RPG with no magic system. Heals are done with bandages and leechcraft.